Why do you think the Dog Training Forum...

adojrts

becomes dead during the summer?? I would think that it should be more active as more people with the nice weather are actually training their dogs, but it isn't.
Is it because, people are so busy that for the average person training has stopped?
Is it because, the dog can be outside more and it gets more exercise, therefore a lot of the problems go away or are now not as annoying??
Or is it because, people just can't be bothered to look on line for answers during the summer? And wait until later?
Or are more people taking lessons during the warmer months??

What do you think?

bcmoffatt

totally normal
Good question!

I bet people are outside with their dogs more (or the dogs are outside) and they are better exercised and less annoying!

adojrts

Hrm..I have never thought about this.

Aren't puppybuyer months mostly in winter/spring? Because of the holidays and Vday? Maybe that could be why.

Good point, you could be right, considering that most people don't seek help until their dog is well past the cute little puppy stage, when the dogs are closer or older than a year and the problems are good and solid lol.

Lynn

milos_mommy

good question!

I've been on the forum far less this summer, but I've still been training :D

Lizmo

Water Junkie
good question!

I've been on the forum far less this summer, but I've still been training :D
Same for me....probably training MORE than usual since I have a new pup in the house. ;)

I've been extremely busy this summer, and haven't been on the computer -let alone Chaz- very much.

It could also be that kids (not adults, they still work through the summer) are vaccationing alot throughout the summer or playing baseball/softball, some kids/teens are taken to a mom or dad's house for the summer (if they are divorsed), which takes up alot of time and doesn't leave much computer time. Lots of teens get a summer job, and if you're where I live, summer doesn't mean nicer weather....it means 100+ everyday...I personally wouldn't want to train in that kind of weather so that only leaves a few hours in the evening for training outside.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I've been out training a lot more as well. Couldn't attest as to why others aren't on, but lol, that what I've been doing.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I've been inside, freezing my ass off in front of the heater, lurking the training forum with my neglected dog by my side.

lol... I'm almost over winter.

Members online

No members online now.