The Venting Thread

SpringerLover

I want to keep my foster rats. I don't know whether I should keep my foster rats. Every time I get an email from one of the directors of the rescue, I get scared that someone is interested in them. Ran into one of the director's today, apparently they've been talking about whether they think I'll keep them :cool:

I adore them. They're awesome. Petunia is sick. I don't know what her medical bills are going to look like. I said I wasn't keeping any more because it sucks too much when they die. But I want to keep them.

I don't know what to do!
I only have one thing to add, I love Garfield!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I hate my new Friday schedule. 6:45a-5:45p. YAY WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO DO THAT.

I suppose I should go to bed. Blah I hate early mornings. At least I don't work this weekend.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I hate it when people don't tell me things that are vital. Like, yes, I know this is going to happen on this day, but I need to know that this other thing is going to happen at this SPECIFIC time during this day. Cuz plans. I like to be able to keep plans.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Stupid direct tv installation guy called and I was at the barn and even though I had my phone with me, I didn't hear it. So I call back and he is at another job! That was at like ... 1:30!!! It's not almost 4 (the appointment was 12-4) I have tried to call him twice but he doesn't answer .... if he cancels on me because of his mistake I'm gonna be pissed!!! :wall:

Stupid direct tv installation guy called and I was at the barn and even though I had my phone with me, I didn't hear it. So I call back and he is at another job! That was at like ... 1:30!!! It's not almost 4 (the appointment was 12-4) I have tried to call him twice but he doesn't answer .... if he cancels on me because of his mistake I'm gonna be pissed!!! :wall:
I know this is the venting thread and all...and it sucks to be waiting of cable guys and the like....but how is this his mistake if you missed the phone call when he was there?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I know this is the venting thread and all...and it sucks to be waiting of cable guys and the like....but how is this his mistake if you. Missed the phone call when he was there?
This. He comes, knocks on door, calls phone, you answer neither. Your appointment was 12-4, meaning you're supposed to be home during that time for when he comes. You weren't home/didn't answer door/call. He went on to next appointment.

Tbh, when you called him back, he had probably already cancelled your appointment as a no show/no call.

But it's his fault for showing up during the appointment. That he said he'd be there during.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I was here, we live in a barn dorm room and I was at work in the barn, I had my phone with me and when he called earlier I told him that because of the stall fans, I might not hear the phone right away.

When he did show up he was very nice and I was not rude to him, in fact he wished he had come to my appointment first, being as the lady he went to was apparently a PITA.

So what you're saying is that some of the suggestions you've gotten in that thread are worthless?
My friend was mostly commenting what others had written except we used wrong adjectives (it's sometimes difficult to find right words). It didn't mean exactly that, there are rather issues with some of the suggestions about take and drop.

It also seems like that some of you think that your suggestions are worthless or useless. That is not the case. Not all of them are. Only some of your suggestions aren't suitable for Lotta. Read our comment here:
What are you working on?
My friend wanted to also show that there are things suggested about other behaviors that do work with Lotta although those other users were probably talking only about take and drop. So, my friend's point was that she can do some of the things suggested.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My friend was mostly commenting what others had written except we used wrong adjectives (it's sometimes difficult to find right words). It didn't mean exactly that, there are rather issues with some of the suggestions about take and drop.

My friend wanted to also show that there are things suggested about other behaviors that do work with Lotta although those other users were probably talking only about take and drop. So, my friend's point was that she can do some of the things suggested.
Ok there is some miscommunication going on, and it's obvious you are getting frustrated.
May I suggest perhaps losing the bold and the third person. Since you are kind enough to type for her perhaps the "my friend.." isn't necessary, just "I want to.." it makes your posts kind of stick out and makes them more cumbersome to read.

As has been said time and again when it comes to your training issues, it is apparent that Lotta's issues would be best solved with somebody who can meet her in person (/trainer) because online advice is difficult and what you are asking is one-on-one step by step methods and advice, which is what trainers are PAID to do.
Going into different threads and demanding different advice for her issues isn't what this forum is about, which is why you both are hitting a wall. I understand a lot of this must be a language issue, but I just don't think you are going to find what you are looking for so far. This forum is about sharing, we do ask for advice but very few members here are professional dog trainers. We work with our own dogs and let others know what worked for US, and apparently none of that is well suited for Lotta.

The WORK of taking a training method that other people use and making it suit your dog is what dog training IS and that is up to Lotta's owner or a professional trainer who is there to help you adjust those training methods.

Gypsydals

Life sucks at this point. If its not one thing its another. First Steven gets sick and takes the weekend off. Which in turn affects not 1 but 2 paychecks. My hours get cut at work. My big show weekend is cut in 1/2. We find out that our rent is NOT going towards the mortgage on the house. Instead said house is being forclosed upon AND the landlord goes on a 2 week cruise (sure wish I could Pay to go on a cruise). Ohh wait I did, too bad it wasn't ME that got to go. And she is driving around in a spiffy, shiny new vehicle. I am to the point I don't like my job and almost walked off it last week. And to top the whole kit and caboodle mess I call my life. Miss Phoebe is in heat. And will be in full standing heat next weekend. While we are camping at the shows. This SH!T sucks, why is when you try to do the right thing, and be a good person you get crapped on.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
This is going to be a long vent because I'm so angry.

I'm covered under my dad's insurance. I have several medications that I take on a regular basis, and the insurance requires me to get them through the mail order service by Caremark. They have been increasing terrible ever since.

They send me more of my meds than I need. I don't know exactly how much, but I want to say I get 3 months worth every 2 months. I've always got tons. At one point I had no money in my bank account and the meds were about to automatically refill, when I still had plenty, so I went onto my account and unchecked the "auto refill" button. When I was getting closer to low on my meds I went in to order them all manually, and there was no option to do so. I got in touch with Customer Service and apparently unchecking that "Auto Refill" box cancels the prescriptions. ??? The general feel of that conversation was "well, you cancelled them, shouldn't have done that, your fault but I guess I can fix it for you."

As a result of that, I didn't get my birth control for some time. I refilled it at Safeway once and then was denied from doing it again because it had to be mail ordered through Caremark. Not a huge deal since it's just BC, but still a pain.

So it's on auto refill again which means I have way more meds than I need, and therefore get charged more than I ought to be paying, which because of financial instability for a long time usually accumulated as a balance on the account. But because I have more meds than I need, I got comfortable knowing that there was always a new bottle in my night stand. I saw a few nights ago that I'm running low on Seroquel, went to find the next bottle, and... there was none. Got on the Caremark website, and it's off of auto refill, which I obviously did not do (since I didn't know it was POSSIBLE because apparently toggling "auto refill off" means I don't want those meds ever again...)

I went to order it and the meds are $20. There's a $40 balance on the account which I absolutely can not pay right now, because everything I'm making is going to pay off my Riff Medical Emergencies credit card. The total came to $60. I had $75.36 in my account plus a pending payment to Care Credit for $25. Above the "Check Out" button was an option that said "Pay balance later and continue with check out." I chose that one and completed the order.

Checked my bank account 10 minutes later, and they charged me $40.

Today I checked my bank account and they refunded me the $40 and then charged $60.

I called as soon as I got off of work and was told that "there is no such payment option (for paying balance later)" and that because the prescription is already in process, they'd contact the pharmacy and ask to stop it, but "it's probably too late." And that's it, nothing more they can do.

How about not ****ing charging me more than it tells me I'll be paying AT CHECKOUT on YOUR WEBSITE? How about not blaming ME when there's absolutely no way that I would click anything that didn't explicitly state to NOT PAY THE BALANCE? How about you know the features on your OWN GODDAMN WEBSITE? If I had known I would've been charged $60, I would have just not ordered it - that's one that I can make do without for a while, which would really suck (can't sleep without it) but I'm not going to have panic attacks and a mental breakdown if I split up my doses for a bit.

If you just "automatically charge the full price and balance" as I was told on the phone, why was I first charged $40 and then refunded and charged $60? The entire cost would've been $60 the whole time.

I'm just furious. Every single time I deal with Caremark it's just more of the same ****. First I accidentally cancel all of my prescriptions because of extremely misleading (read: incorrect) labeling on the website, then getting it fixed is like talking to a brick wall, then one of my prescriptions just randomly stops auto filling, then I'm taken through steps to check out at charged 3x as much as I was able to pay, and then basically called a liar because that "isn't an option" at checkout (bullshit) and essentially told "too bad, so sad." **** you, Caremark.

Xandra

Ok there is some miscommunication going on, and it's obvious you are getting frustrated.
May I suggest perhaps losing the bold and the third person. Since you are kind enough to type for her perhaps the "my friend.." isn't necessary, just "I want to.." it makes your posts kind of stick out and makes them more cumbersome to read.

As has been said time and again when it comes to your training issues, it is apparent that Lotta's issues would be best solved with somebody who can meet her in person (/trainer) because online advice is difficult and what you are asking is one-on-one step by step methods and advice, which is what trainers are PAID to do.
Going into different threads and demanding different advice for her issues isn't what this forum is about, which is why you both are hitting a wall. I understand a lot of this must be a language issue, but I just don't think you are going to find what you are looking for so far. This forum is about sharing, we do ask for advice but very few members here are professional dog trainers. We work with our own dogs and let others know what worked for US, and apparently none of that is well suited for Lotta.

The WORK of taking a training method that other people use and making it suit your dog is what dog training IS and that is up to Lotta's owner or a professional trainer who is there to help you adjust those training methods.
:hail: A much better phrased message then what I tried typing out a couple of weeks ago.

People come here to socialize in their free time, I think people are quite helpful myself and I know I'm always grateful when people I've never met use that free time to help me solve my problems or weigh in on my own dilemmas. I think it's useful to keep in mind the limitations of free help over the internet, in terms of people's relevant experience, their time, their interests and of course communicating through written medium, sight unseen.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

I wanted to add that we never see posts outside of asking for help. Be a part of the community. Let us get to know you and your friend, respond to other threads, ect.

Airn

Welp. Nice to know I suck at my job and won't be getting a raise because I'm not fast enough. It was nice of the manager to not tell me of this. I really think it's shitty that I have to ask how I'm doing and then be slammed by everyone. If I'm so bad, why would you wait this long to tell me? And why lead me on? Being told if I do x and y I will get a raise and then telling everyone else you have no intention of opening any positions is shitty. Really do not feel like staying here. Especially with a loss of $1.50 raise. I feel like I just wasted 6 months.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My foot has been hurting a lot lately. Doesn't necessarily hurt to walk on it unless I've been on it for a long time but the whole foot just ACHES and is a bit swollen. the joints in my toes hurt, the whole foot and ankle feels stiff and at night when I'm laying in bed it's almost impossible to find a comfortable position for my foot. Just the pressure of it being on the bed makes the aching worse.

I have an appointment with an orthoped tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I can get some answers and get on my way to healing. We leave Friday to go o up to Canada to visit my family and I'd really like to get this treated before we go :)

Members online

No members online now.