Chazzers, stop time for me, please?

Equinox

I'll give you 1 hour and 46 minutes to do it. I don't want to be 20. 20 is even more real life, legitimate adult than 18.

It scares me.

On a more interesting note, I joined the forums when I was 15 and Chaz when I was around 16. I guess growing up is good.

SIGH.

When did everyone here start feeling obligated to act like a real life adult?

Saeleofu

QUICK, TO THE TARDIS!

It's okay. I'll be 26 in just under 2 months, and I'm so not grown up. I only feel old when I forget how old I am and have to count (like...just now in order to write this sentence).

Panzerotti

I don't want to be 20. 20 is even more real life, legitimate adult than 18.

HA! Sorry, I am turning 33 soon and I got married on my 21st birthday.

Honestly though, I still don't act like a real life adult. I have no kids, and my husband and I just moved across the country to start a new adventure. We've had many opportunities to settle down and live a "normal" life, but screw that (unless that's what you want of course :))

I say you're only as old as you feel. People still think I'm in my early 20s when they meet me. So, don't freak about turning 20, and don't feel old, lol!

AliciaD

On second thought...
Ugh, I'm 20 too.

I could be okay with that if I had a plan. But it's just school, maybe grad school, then work.

And its hard to have a dog plan when you don't have life plan.

A lot of young chazzers seem to have it together though.

Equinox

Thanks guys! I've just been so exhausted the past few days with everything that's been going on, that I just want to flop over and proclaim to the world "nope, not ready to be an actual adult yet. Please come back in 10 years and check again!"

QUICK, TO THE TARDIS!

It's okay. I'll be 26 in just under 2 months, and I'm so not grown up. I only feel old when I forget how old I am and have to count (like...just now in order to write this sentence).

That's a fantastic image and so, so true. Also, I'm pretty pleased that I finally know what a TARDIS is and even enough to know that it's totally relevant :D All thanks to you, CharlieDog, and Fran :rofl1:

Yeah. Just be like us. I'm 25, but at heart, I am a 15 year old boy :p
Sounds like a good plan to me!

HA! Sorry, I am turning 33 soon and I got married on my 21st birthday.

Honestly though, I still don't act like a real life adult. I have no kids, and my husband and I just moved across the country to start a new adventure. We've had many opportunities to settle down and live a "normal" life, but screw that (unless that's what you want of course :))

I say you're only as old as you feel. People still think I'm in my early 20s when they meet me. So, don't freak about turning 20, and don't feel old, lol!
This brings up something else also related to me turning 20... I'm totally already stressing about relationships :p Makes NO sense at this point in my life, but everyone I know is in a long term relationship, and I'm starting to think that there's no way I'd be married before I'm 30. I AM GOING TO DIE ALONE.

On the other hand, since everyone in the dog world is mid20s and up, maybe I'll finally meet a dog crazy guy who's not over twice my age? LOL

Side note: I can see why people think you're in your early 20s. In the least weirdest way possible, I think you look so cool. Between your hair, tattoos, and just how pretty you are overall.

Ugh, I'm 20 too.

I could be okay with that if I had a plan. But it's just school, maybe grad school, then work.

And its hard to have a dog plan when you don't have life plan.

A lot of young chazzers seem to have it together though.
Yeah, right now it's just school -> grad school -> internship -> work for me. I know what I want to do in life and what grad school I'd like to apply to, but beyond that, I don't really know what I'm doing. I know what steps I need to take because at this point it's still the academic route for me, but anything outside of that narrow field and it gets hazy.

That said, I still totally make dog plans :p I think in terms of dogs, since I already have Trent, a second dog doesn't really change things. 80 lb GSD sort of already gets me geared for any housing/moving/financial hurdles.

I get scared thinking about grad school, though, because I'll likely be moving for that. I only live about 2 hours away from my parents at the moment, so that'll be a big change emotionally for me.

20 is a good age. I think you will find it treats you well. :)

Happy birthday, by the way!
Thank you!! I definitely hope it does, guess we'll see what I do with it!

Panzerotti

On the other hand, since everyone in the dog world is mid20s and up, maybe I'll finally meet a dog crazy guy who's not over twice my age? LOL

Side note: I can see why people think you're in your early 20s. In the least weirdest way possible, I think you look so cool. Between your hair, tattoos, and just how pretty you are overall.
Awww, thank you! :)

I wouldn't be in a big hurry about the relationship either. My husband and I are one of the very few couples that we know who got together young who are either happy and/or still together.

I totally think you'll find an awesome dog guy, or at least one who understands and accepts the dog obsession.

In the meantime, try not to worry about ****. Things usually have a way of working out. :)

AliciaD

On second thought...
Ugh finding housing that allows a 60lb dog and a 90lb dog is so hard! My dogs stay with my mum an hour away but in two years (grad school or not) they need to be living with me. They are problem dogs though.

I just need a rich chill uncle who lives on a farm or really dog savvy roommates.

Bah!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I completely understand.

I will be 27 in 11 days and I'm a little freaked out about it. I'm already married and got married at 24, but now I'm in the 'everyone is having babies except me' category and I feel like in general people my age seem to be way ahead of me, own their own houses, have their lives completely together, good solid careers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I completely understand.

I will be 27 in 11 days and I'm a little freaked out about it. I'm already married and got married at 24, but now I'm in the 'everyone is having babies except me' category and I feel like in general people my age seem to be way ahead of me, own their own houses, have their lives completely together, good solid careers, etc.

Booooooooooring!!!!

Don't try and keep up with the Smith's next door. I know for a fact all my 'settled' friends think the grass is greener on the other side.

I have a good job, but didnt go back to uni till I was 24, qualified in 2009 aged 27, and I've been working 4 yrs, not married, I don't own my own home (although my partner does), no kids yet. Still go out and get drunk, go to festivals, TRY and enjoy myself!!

Mortgage etc sounds so dull!!! Maybe an investment but booooo to growing up!

It's just a number. No meaning whatsoever. I'm 55 and I still FEEL like I'm in my 20s because it doesn't define me in the least!

I didn't meet my husband till I was 34, so I had a lot of life experience and was ready to settle down - and we've had over 20 blissful years together.

Trust me... Take care of your health and you can have a fantastic life at every age, no matter what number is attached to you.

My goal has been to forget how old I am... I still have to work it out whenever I think about it to be sure.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? ~Satchel Paige

I think I'd be 30-32... That's what I feel like in my head. ;)

And Happy Birthday! :D

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
A favorite quote:

When I became [an adult] I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
~ C. S. Lewis​

:)

I think I was born old anyway lol. But at 20...gosh, I was single (and very happy to remain so...I broke up with a guy and had no intention of dating anyone for years), in college, working part time. It's almost hard to remember any more. Life changes quickly, usually for the better.

One of the great things about life is that there is more than one right answer for everyone.

Uh, if I had that power over time and space I would have used it about 5 years ago. On myself. :p

Don't worry about feeling like an adult. Just enjoy where you are; every age (so far at least) has really wonderful things about it if you can let go of missing where you used to be and anticipating where you're going.

I'm 27, going on 16. I'll let you know when I start acting like an adult.

I completely understand.

I am also 27 and got married at 23. People keep asking us when we're having babies and I'm like, "not right now. Too much living to do" I definitely do not have my life together.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Twenty is a good age! I know exactly how you feel though. I've been wanting to stop the clock for the past 5 years! I try to just enjoy each year and not worry about things changing or getting older... and it's hard.

I am also 27 and got married at 23. People keep asking us when we're having babies and I'm like, "not right now. Too much living to do" I definitely do not have my life together.
You sound like me! People are always asking my husband and I when we're going to have kids... and I'm always saying "I don't even want to think about that yet!"

We've owned our house for four years, take awesome vacations, enjoy our dogs, and have so much fun together. We talk about starting a family when I turn 30 (he's 26, I'm 28), but that just seems too soon. There are SO many things I want to do with just my husband before we have kids! African safari, difficult South American trips, etc, etc. I want to stop the clock here and continue on at age 28 forever with just my husband. I'm not ready to give it up yet.

Members online

No members online now.