New Vacuum - The Results

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
No, I didn't take any pics :) It was too disgusting to share.

I sucked it up and bought the new Dyson Animal Ball. The suction is INCREDIBLE. We have dark rug in our living room that always has white hair on it....and it now looks like new, all the hair is gone with minimal re-vacuuming. It's quiet, very lightweight, and has an awesome attachment-a mini version of it's main brush that can attach to the hose for your upholstery. It moves from bare floors to carpet automatically. I used the hose on my stairs that haven't been vacuumed in, well, months:yikes: and I was pulling hair out of the carpet that had been pushed in the pad:eek:. I was even pulling hair out of the carpet upstairs that was a color that we don't even HAVE. GROSS. We had the carpets cleaned before we moved in! I thought the vacuum we had was great, but obviously not.

It made my 20 yr old carpet look semi nice. I don't have to wet down a towel and wipe down my sectional before we have company to get all the dog hair off.

I am in LOVE. All Hail Dyson.:hail:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
...yay?

I have gotten sold on hardwood floors with this house, especially since my office has carpet and I can actually do a side by side comparison between the two. On the hardwood, even with my crappy little Dirt Devil mini thingy.

Romy

Taxiderpy
No, I didn't take any pics It was too disgusting to share.

I sucked it up and bought the new Dyson Animal Ball. The suction is INCREDIBLE. We have dark rug in our living room that always has white hair on it....and it now looks like new, all the hair is gone with minimal re-vacuuming. It's quiet, very lightweight, and has an awesome attachment-a mini version of it's main brush that can attach to the hose for your upholstery. It moves from bare floors to carpet automatically. I used the hose on my stairs that haven't been vacuumed in, well, months:yikes: and I was pulling hair out of the carpet that had been pushed in the pad:eek:. I was even pulling hair out of the carpet upstairs that was a color that we don't even HAVE. GROSS. We had the carpets cleaned before we moved in! I thought the vacuum we had was great, but obviously not.

It made my 20 yr old carpet look semi nice. I don't have to wet down a towel and wipe down my sectional before we have company to get all the dog hair off.

I am in LOVE. All Hail Dyson.:hail:
:hail:

Dyson ball vacuums make cleaning like a video game!

My husband got me the regular ball for christmas, same exact thing as the animal except you buy the animal attachment separately and it's orange.

To test it we vacuumed the living room with our old Eureka. Then we went over it with the dyson to see what the first one missed.

It filled the canister with some revolting greyish powdery borzoi hair blend scuzz TWICE. Ewwww! The carpet was a different color where I vacuumed. It was like a commercial. That is a seriously amazing machine. The 1st vacuum is out on the curb.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Oooooo that sounds AWESOME! My vaccuum is terrible, but it works - I think a nice vaccuum may be a birthday gift for myself!

And no photos? Boo... ;)

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Maybe tomorrow, when I actually clean off all the furniture/carpet/bedding, I'll take a pic of the pile and post it for proof of how hairy my house is. Then, I can share my disgust at myself and lack of cleaning in a hairy dog house :rofl1:

Brattina88

all I need is one German Shedder to make the house look like I haven't cleaned in months :p

I sooo know how you feel :eek:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oh lord, I've quit worrying. With one Aussie, a Lab and an English Setter...there's just no hope.

SpringerLover

We got a Dyson Animal Ball a month or so ago too... and yeah, *puke* when you see what your old vacuum leaves behind, makes you want to vomit!

I actually LIKE vacuuming now, because it picks up the hair! Never thought I'd say that!

No pictures here either. We have wood floors in the whole house, but the rugs would get nasty with hair (burgundy rugs, black and white dogs plus mulit colored cats...) yep, I love a vacuum too! :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
OK, you've sold me on this vacuum! With 5 dogs and 2 cats, I may not want to see what a Dyson can get out of this carpet!

I'm still laughing at the hair you found that wasn't from your animals coming out of the carpet!

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Barb, it was disturbing:yikes: And totally caught me off guard, lol. But the vacuum is AWESOME. I would recommend it :D

Members online

No members online now.