Shows That Make You Geek Out

Dagwall

I'm going through HBO series too. Watched all of the Sopranos and it was okay but not great. Watching the Wire now, at the end of season 4 of 5. I like it!

I watched six feet under when it first aired until I left for college, tried to go back and watch it again and couldn't get back into it. Not sure why, probably because I half remember what happens before it happens. Not sure.

JacksonsMom

I'm going through HBO series too. Watched all of the Sopranos and it was okay but not great. Watching the Wire now, at the end of season 4 of 5. I like it!

I watched six feet under when it first aired until I left for college, tried to go back and watch it again and couldn't get back into it. Not sure why, probably because I half remember what happens before it happens. Not sure.
I like The Sopranos but I wasn't like... addicted to it. I never ended up finishing it, actually, and do want to get around to it, but I already know how the finale happens so it takes some of the excitement away lol. My dad always loved it so I've seen eps with him here and there.

I got kind of bored with The Wire but maybe that was because I tried watching it right after Breaking Bad and need to give it more of a chance!

Dagwall

I like The Sopranos but I wasn't like... addicted to it. I never ended up finishing it, actually, and do want to get around to it, but I already know how the finale happens so it takes some of the excitement away lol. My dad always loved it so I've seen eps with him here and there.

I got kind of bored with The Wire but maybe that was because I tried watching it right after Breaking Bad and need to give it more of a chance!
Ha, I wouldn't say I geek out over The Wire but it is enjoyable.

Equinox

I need Game of Thrones, Orphan Black, and Vikings to come back, aughhh (sidenote: really glad you liked Season 2 of Vikings, Brynne!! And the Halloween costumes were badass).

The Flash is pretty great, I'm not loving the characters as much as I love the ones on Arrow, but it's a solid show. Still enjoying Arrow, too, though there's something a little bit off about it this season so far. Not sure if it's the pacing or some of the dialogue or what. Still good though and I have faith in the writers! Way too much Laurel, I don't think I'm ever going to like her.

American Horror Story I go back and forth on this season. I mean, I'm enjoying it, and lmao some of the characters are pure gold. But the fact that Emma Roberts is in this season again is putting a huge damper on things, plus there's been a lot of gratuitous everything. Really don't like the musical numbers at all either.

Continued and finished Season 1 of The 100! I stopped watching after about 4 episodes because it just got too corny and boring for me, but I picked it back up and really got into it. Will probably start Season 2 eventually.

Also, geeking out about the release of a cartoon that I've waited a year for LOL (Bee and Puppycat, if anyone's interested).

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I LOVE The Flash but I am obviously biased LOL. I am so so so thrilled it's doing well ratings-wise. I also love all the little nods worked in for the big geeks like me. The first time my friend and I talked about it went like this:

"Did you watch The Flash?"
"Yes and OH MY GOD. DID YOU NOTICE THE BUSTED CAGE THAT SAID GROD ON IT??"
"YES OF COURSE I DID."
"RIGHT??"

Also I just watched that Bee and Puppycat and OMG. I love it.

Equinox

I LOVE The Flash but I am obviously biased LOL. I am so so so thrilled it's doing well ratings-wise. I also love all the little nods worked in for the big geeks like me. The first time my friend and I talked about it went like this:

"Did you watch The Flash?"
"Yes and OH MY GOD. DID YOU NOTICE THE BUSTED CAGE THAT SAID GROD ON IT??"
"YES OF COURSE I DID."
"RIGHT??"
It's really, really good! I mean, we're only a few episodes in and I already know it's a going to be a great first season. I really enjoy the cast, the story, and I keep forgetting it's a CW show. But when Barry was a dick to Joe that one time, I really did not like him, and I'm wholly uninterested in Iris. I don't actively dislike her like I do Laurel though - I like her character, just not her as a love interest. And I know a lot of people really like Cisco but he kinda makes me cringe. I mean I like his character, too, just not 50% of his lines!

Also, there are no cute buff dudes on salmon ladders :c

I have a friend online who is really into the story and knows the comics well, and she says the references and little nods are really well done (and then compared it to the show Gotham where it's less well done, apparently LOL).

Also I just watched that Bee and Puppycat and OMG. I love it.
Haha yesssss :D That makes me happy! It is so perfectly odd and adorable and funny, plus I love the voices. I (not so secretly) love cartoons like this.

Oh good, it's not just me. I can't stand Emma Roberts.
Definitely not just you. Most people I talk to don't like her, and my sister's the only one who does. Yeah there's the whole domestic violence thing but also... she can't act. And it's especially obvious when she's doing scenes with the really great actors of AHS.

Fran27

I gave up on Gotham 2 weeks ago. Just not my thing I guess, I hate the characters except one dude, so yeah...

I liked the pilot of Constantine but its ratings are bad, so I'm giving up too. Too bad though.

crazedACD

Sons of Anarchy... ah. I'm not enjoying it. Jax has gone crazy. I don't even know what's going on. I'm hoping the last half of this season gets a little better, it doesn't feel like it's wrapping up nicely.

American Horror Story I go back and forth on this season. I mean, I'm enjoying it, and lmao some of the characters are pure gold. But the fact that Emma Roberts is in this season again is putting a huge damper on things, plus there's been a lot of gratuitous everything. Really don't like the musical numbers at all either.
I'm liking it. I'm liking the tie ins to the other seasons (finally). I haven't been sitting down to concentrate on watching it, but I feel like it isn't flowing very well.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Sons of Anarchy... ah. I'm not enjoying it. Jax has gone crazy. I don't even know what's going on. I'm hoping the last half of this season gets a little better, it doesn't feel like it's wrapping up nicely.

I'm liking it. I'm liking the tie ins to the other seasons (finally). I haven't been sitting down to concentrate on watching it, but I feel like it isn't flowing very well.
cant be any crazier than this season of TWD, geeze! so much has happened already! Hope Dawn gets whats coming to her, I hate her SO much. Probably more than Gareth.

Here are some shows my friend likes about:

C.S.I and C.S.I NY
Criminal Minds and Criminal Minds Suspect Behavior
Medical dramas like Grey's Anatomy
there are also others...

My friend has also this question: Does someone know which show this might be?: It was about FBI's special unit. They searched missing people at least in some of the episodes. My friend doesn't remember if it was only about missing people or also about something else. It was quite new so it was not Without A Trace. So it was newer than it. In that show they used similar profiling techniques than in Criminal Minds. So, do you know what might that be or how could my friend find that out? She has tried to search online. She has also checked couple websites including wikipedia that lists shows that relate somehow to FBI.

Kootenay

I'm having mixed feelings about Arrow this season...like Grace said, it seems like maybe something is a bit off. I was trying to pinpoint it. I'm not sure I like having Roy as basically a red Arrow/(arsenal?), it's kind of weird having two of them running around. And Laurel being all involved too. I liked it a lot when it was just Oliver, Diggle and Felicity, it worked SO well and seemed complete. Now it's like it's trying to jam all these other people/characters in there. Not sure I'm digging it.

And I haven't watched tonight's episode but CUPID, seriously??? I'm not sure how I feel about the premise of that villain, and some of the other plots are just unconvincing in my opinion.

All in all, I dunno, I was able to overlook some of the more glaring flaws in the show previously because I was really enjoying it, but I'm not super impressed so far this season. Although I loved that they had an episode that highlighted Felicity's character, she is still just my favourite <3

JacksonsMom

HOLY FEELS. The whole end of season 3 of Six Feet Under is serious amazing acting work by Peter Krause. I'm kind of feeling sick to my stomach at the moment, but WOW, what a good job.... the show can get a little weird at times, but these recent episodes just showed me why I like it so much. I'm kind of sad I only have seasons 4 and 5 left now though. I need to slow down. HATE when that happens.

HOLY FEELS. The whole end of season 3 of Six Feet Under is serious amazing acting work by Peter Krause. I'm kind of feeling sick to my stomach at the moment, but WOW, what a good job.... the show can get a little weird at times, but these recent episodes just showed me why I like it so much. I'm kind of sad I only have seasons 4 and 5 left now though. I need to slow down. HATE when that happens.
You're watching Six Feet Under?!

That is my absolute most favorite show of all time! I always try to get people to watch it, but I guess a lot of people don't want to because it's "old" or "depressing". But it's sooooooo good! I don't even know how many times I've re-watched it all, and will again, lol.

JacksonsMom

You're watching Six Feet Under?!

That is my absolute most favorite show of all time! I always try to get people to watch it, but I guess a lot of people don't want to because it's "old" or "depressing". But it's sooooooo good! I don't even know how many times I've re-watched it all, and will again, lol.
I'm SO glad someone else has seen it lol. I can't get any one else interested either. Once I mention that it takes place at a funeral home, people are all "OH, I don't think I could watch that"... but it's just so REAL. One of the most real shows I think I've ever seen. Just raw human emotion. I'm in season 4 now, cannot believe I haven't watched it before. Some of the best acting I've ever seen and best portrayal of true loss by Peter Krause end of season 3/beginning of season 4.

Equinox

Started Hannibal, binged watched Season 1 and it was really good (and appropriately creepy). Started Season 2 and it's starting off slow, not really feeling it because I hate trial stuff - it bores me out of my mind.

Catching up on Arrow. Laurel is so freaking annoying.
Yep. Still 200% too much Laurel. Thea I don't mind so much because there's been less of her, and her drama, but aslfjlsdfjldksjfdkls I am cringing at the DJ "story line" and the douchey creepy DJ guy.

I'm having mixed feelings about Arrow this season...like Grace said, it seems like maybe something is a bit off. I was trying to pinpoint it. I'm not sure I like having Roy as basically a red Arrow/(arsenal?), it's kind of weird having two of them running around. And Laurel being all involved too. I liked it a lot when it was just Oliver, Diggle and Felicity, it worked SO well and seemed complete. Now it's like it's trying to jam all these other people/characters in there. Not sure I'm digging it.

And I haven't watched tonight's episode but CUPID, seriously??? I'm not sure how I feel about the premise of that villain, and some of the other plots are just unconvincing in my opinion.

All in all, I dunno, I was able to overlook some of the more glaring flaws in the show previously because I was really enjoying it, but I'm not super impressed so far this season. Although I loved that they had an episode that highlighted Felicity's character, she is still just my favourite <3
Yeah, right now I'm just waiting for the Big Baddie to come into the picture and get things going. If it's Rha's this season, the actor had better be blow-your-mind amazing because I was so underwhelmed by the reveal.

Pacing and character dynamics really are a little off this season. I just hope it improves, because I still love the characters I originally loved...the writers just need to do better with them.

Members online

No members online now.