Hi All

First time for me in this forum so I wanted to say hello. I'm coco's mommy. If I can figure out how to attach my Lhasa's pix, I'll do that in a future post. Anyway, I woke up this morning to see that Coco (6-month Lhasa, recently spayed) chewed up a piece of my carpeting. Now this puppy has tons of chew toys, old sox, t-shirts to chew at...why do you think she's got to screw up my house? We give her lots of love, and playtime...maybe not as much playtime as she'd like, I suppose but my husband and I both work full-time. She is penned into the kitchen during the day - with lots of running room, and free to roam from 6-11 at night. We let her stay in our bedroom the past few nights, but after the carpet incident last night, I doubt my husband will allow it again.

Any recommendations on how to get Coco to be a good girl?

Any chance something had been spilled on the carpet - something tasty to a little pup?

When you catch her chewing on something unacceptable, take it away from her and give her one of her chew toys. When she starts chewing on the appropriate toy, praise her. She'll start to get the idea. Just don't reinforce the negative behaviour with too much attention.

And welcome to Chazhound! You can post pictures in the Picture Gallery, too. Hope to see Coco there.

That's what I though at first, soda in the carpet :)

Make sure she has a dog bed too and put her toys and stuff in it. If she is in her bed she will bite something there if she has to bite something.

Members online

No members online now.