Abrams is 7 months! (And Cynder makes a cameo.)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I cannot believe how big he is. Seems like yesterday he was just a little squirt pup. Now he's starting to look like, you know...a dog.

(^ Yes, those are his blankets from inside his crate that he so graciously decorated my living room with. After I had just picked up everything and vacuumed. Stupid dog.)

(He looks so super serious in all of those photos! I swear to God, he really is a giant derp of a dog. Don't let him full you.)

He still thinks he's little (that's Cynder's crate he put himself in):

And Cynder says she may not be 7 months old (almost 8 years, in fact!), but she's still cute!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Awww, I do love teenage puppies and Abrams is no exception. Such a good looking boy, and I know what you mean about the srs face, Wesley is a total goof except for when you take his picture. :)

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Love him. I love Chessies. I have had the pleasure of showing a few and they are the only retriever I would ever consider owning.

You need to post more pictures of him

*blackrose

Now I'm just starting to have this fun conversation with people:
"When are you getting him neutered?"
"I'm going to wait until he's done maturing."
"Oh, because you want a big dog."
*silence* [Yes. That is exactly why. *sarcasm*]
"Are you going to use him as a stud?"
"No. He was sold to me on limited registration so I can compete with him, but can't breed him."
*am stared at like I have two heads*

Oy vey. Yey for a dog with testicles.

DJEtzel

He's looking so big and mature! I can't believe he's only 7 months- he looks a lot older! :)

Love the testicle conversation. I finally have all neutered dogs now, but for the longest time it was always someone who was intact and was asking me about it. :rolleyes:

SpringerLover

Now I'm just starting to have this fun conversation with people:
"When are you getting him neutered?"
"I'm going to wait until he's done maturing."
"Oh, because you want a big dog."
*silence* [Yes. That is exactly why. *sarcasm*]
"Are you going to use him as a stud?"
"No. He was sold to me on limited registration so I can compete with him, but can't breed him."
*am stared at like I have two heads*

Oy vey. Yey for a dog with testicles.
This is when having hairy dogs is nice... I don't think people ever noticed Buzz's while he was growing up!

Taqroy

Abrams is super cute and every time I see him I miss my parent's Chessie. They are such cool dogs, I'd love to have one again someday.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
This is when having hairy dogs is nice... I don't think people ever noticed Buzz's while he was growing up!
Or awesome ACD pantaloons! Unless you look under the hood, I swear you can't tell if an ACD has nuts or not.

Abrams is just SO handsome. I've never been a huge fan of Chessies (many retrievers, tbh), but man he's a looker. I may PM you about where he came from, actually... :popcorn:

Will you put him on birds or anything, do you think?

*blackrose

Or awesome ACD pantaloons! Unless you look under the hood, I swear you can't tell if an ACD has nuts or not.

Abrams is just SO handsome. I've never been a huge fan of Chessies (many retrievers, tbh), but man he's a looker. I may PM you about where he came from, actually... :popcorn:

Will you put him on birds or anything, do you think?
I really am SO happy with the way he is maturing. Not only physically, but his temperament as well. He is just such a solid dog all around. Yes, he has his quirks...but what dog doesn't? And I would be more than happy to let you know what breeder he came from. :D If I end up with another Chessie, I'll probably go straight back to her.

I have no plans at the moment to do any kind of hunting/field work with him. That being said, he certainly has bird drive and would probably take well to it, so who knows! I may dabble at a later point in time. Quite a few of the breeder's pups go to be companion hunting dogs.

Members online

No members online now.