The Venting Thread

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
C&P this from Facebook, but....

Last night, my dogs had something in the dark that was emitting a high pitched cry. Couldn't see what it was, Blossom was frozen and shaking with anticipation, Keeva was torturing it like cat, so I rushed them inside, figuring it would make it's escape into the night.

This morning I find a baby squirrel, eyes closed and hairless, although not tiny, and still VERY much alive after a night outside. :( He cooed and clung to me when he felt the heat from my hands. The fact that he was outside overnight means mom and pop are not coming back for him, I'm sure.

So now he is in a tupperware with a blankie and a heating pad on low, per the recommendation of the local wildlife centers website, seems to be doing ok. The rehab center will take him, I'm sure, but they don't open for another hour. Anything else I should do to help in the mean time? I do have a tiny syringe and have read about offering electrolyte solution... but at this point, should I just wait until I can bring him to the professionals?

For what he went through he seems pretty strong, and is uninjured. Vibes he can be raised as a bottle baby and released.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Stomach cancer. It's progressing, because we can actually feel a tumor now.

I don't know how I feel, other than numb. I mean... at least it's a diagnosis? I kind of have an answer?

ETA: I should have specified Nacho... not me
Ferrets. Where diagnosis is often both a blessing and a curse.

Sorry Jess :( It's good to know what the heck's been going on, but that's not good news. :(

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I think one of the harder parts is when I'm absentmindedly doing things and think, "I hope the boys are being good or doing well at home." Like in some fantasy world they're with a petsitter and not gone. I don't know that all parts of me are ready to accept it on every level.

I think one of the harder parts is when I'm absentmindedly doing things and think, "I hope the boys are being good or doing well at home." Like in some fantasy world they're with a petsitter and not gone. I don't know that all parts of me are ready to accept it on every level.
I still think that Buddy is just at the kennel or something :( Some dogs just have a presence so large that it's impossible for our minds to accept that they're really gone. Your boys certainly fall into this category. Hugs.

k9krazee

I found a person selling a dog walk, a frame, teeter, tire, weaves and a jump for $250 on Craigslist.

I want it. It's still available.

But I have no where to store it! *cries*

I'm thinking about just getting the A and teeter --- I could probably find a place to keep those. Sometimes I hate not having a bigger yard (except when it comes to maintenance and 12 minute mows).

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
When I lost Bella I had full blown panic attacks on the bus coming home from school because after a day of having my mind occupied, I realized she wasn't going to be there when I got home. It's hard. But in someway, it gets easier to cope. Doesn't hurt less, just gets easier to manage. I still miss Bella to this day. Always will.

You and your family have been on my mind a lot. I hope you're doing okay.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I found a person selling a dog walk, a frame, teeter, tire, weaves and a jump for $250 on Craigslist.

I'm thinking about just getting the A and teeter --- I could probably find a place to keep those. Sometimes I hate not having a bigger yard (except when it comes to maintenance and 12 minute mows).
$250 for ALL OF THAT?! Hell, I'd buy it, figure out how you can store as much of it as you can, and then sell what you can't.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Haven't heard anything from the places I've applied to. I was really hoping to hear something from at least one of them... I think their jobs are still posted so I guess still open, but.
On the plus side business has picked up a bit so the situation appears to have become less dire - at least for now.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I really want Lucy to find a good home. She's such a good dog, and now I'm starting to get a lot closer to her as well. I'm going to cry the day she leaves. :(

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE

Curse you, Michigan...

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I got offered the job I applied to but turned it down. It ended up being minimum wage for far less hours than I want and they wanted me to be able to work whenever they called and I got a major weird vibe about it all.

I feel kind of stupid still though. I even asked my mum and she agreed with my decision.

joce

I really want Lucy to find a good home. She's such a good dog, and now I'm starting to get a lot closer to her as well. I'm going to cry the day she leaves. :(
She is beautiful!!! And looks so sweet in your sig pic.

I always cried when they left. Except for like two who I had zero connection with.

Or you get overly attached and that's how I ended up with five dogs in the past!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
She is beautiful!!! And looks so sweet in your sig pic.

I always cried when they left. Except for like two who I had zero connection with.

Or you get overly attached and that's how I ended up with five dogs in the past!
God, I know. She's super, super sweet. I lovers her.

We cannot keep her. I have to chant this to myself some days.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Oh and vent #2...

My wasp sting looked good and didn't burn this morning. Then I worked out and it's swollen and burning again. Thank you increased blood flow. Sigh. And it hurt like hell to move the last half of my workout but I pushed through (so at least I'm proud of myself for that)

FG167

Falon - you okay??
My arms swelled up, really poofy, can barely feel my elbow bone (technical term). Started at triceps and traveled down. Right arm is swollen through mid-forearm, left arm is just the triceps area. Left my house at 7pm, went to 2 different clinics before being sent to ER, finally got home around 1230am. And they don't know what it is. They prescribed me Motrin :( They're still swollen today, and sort of firmer. It's gross, tight, and uncomfortable.

Saeleofu

For months I had my dremel charger, but couldn't find the dremel or the accessories.

The other day I found my dremel and accessories.

Guess what? NOW I CAN'T FIND THE FREAKING CHARGER!

Members online

No members online now.