Dog treat recipes.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I know this should probably go in the food section, but i thought i would get more responses here. I want to make Riley some treats. He needs a treat before bed every night so he wont puke. I want a biscuit type, not mushy or brownie like. Something that will bake up hard and crunchy as to last for a awhile. Easy to make with simple ingridents. Riley is not a fan of fruits or veggies. Thanks!

Doberluv

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=recipes+for+crunchy+dog+treats&btnG=Search

Some of these have ingredients that I don't think are so great for dogs, but you could eliminate them...like sugar, cinnimon, nutmeg and some others but you can probably browse and find some that look healthy and tasty. I make one that has liver in it but it's more the consistency of a brownie. I guess if it were made thinner and cooked longer, it would become crunchy.

Happy cooking!

Cinnamon and nutmeg are actually fine. Cinnamon is actually a really nutricious spice.

I still plan on sending Riley a few different treats to try out, BPP. I've just been set back a bit this week because of my icky cold. Hopefully he'll like something I make for him. ;)

topdog

Hi! While cinnamon is good for dogs, I was surprised to hear that nutmeg isn't overly safe for dogs for some odd reason??? I used to add it to my pumpkin treats I made for my pooches but then I heard this and got nervous.
"Nutmeg can cause tremors, seizures, and central nervous system damage"

I'm guessing it has to be quite a bit of it so I'm sure a little is fine, but maybe not take a chance? Here's a link to toxic foods that mentions nutmeg: (or just google toxic dog foods)

25 Human Foods Toxic To Dogs

Members online

No members online now.