The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

Did you REALLY have to interrupt me in the middle of my workout to ask what breed of dog I have? REALLY? The ear buds and running on the treadmill didn't tip you off I was a little busy?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Did you REALLY have to interrupt me in the middle of my workout to ask what breed of dog I have? REALLY? The ear buds and running on the treadmill didn't tip you off I was a little busy?
Isn't that just the worst? Obviously I don't get that on the treadmill lol but when we run on the trail we get people trying to stop us to talk to us about the dogs like we are going to stop mid-run just to talk to them. Um...rude much?

Pops2

Guy on another forum keeps insisting "if women wear low cut tops it's because they want you to look at their boobs" and "low-cut tops are an invitation to look." The words "they're asking for it" came out of his posts.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
*flips table*

The funniest part - this guy was all up in another thread going on and on about how he's a super strict Christian.

Puke.
I can't comment on the doofus on the other forum. BUT, if you create a spectacle (giant blue Mohawk, softball sized gauges in your ears, face tats or showing more jugs than a stripper), you have ZERO moral standing to be offended when people look.

AliciaD

On second thought...
Something about brother impulsively getting cat that I am worried he will put on me if he decides he can't keep it.

Something about possibly leaving home for apartment (hard to find ones that allow dogs and cats) or a mobile home.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I can't comment on the doofus on the other forum. BUT, if you create a spectacle (giant blue Mohawk, softball sized gauges in your ears, face tats or showing more jugs than a stripper), you have ZERO moral standing to be offended when people look.
Agreed.

There is also the other side of the spectrum, where ... Well ... I'll just use my froend's fave quote: "just because it comes in your size doesn't mean you should wear it." I know we are a free country & all but good lord have some fashion sense when it comes to your bodies ... (Generally speaking) people!

Also men/women who dress up like cowboys/cowgirls & DON'T REALLY RIDE HORSES :wall:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
When it's your body, you can do whatever you want with it.

When it's not, keep your mouth shut.
That's not what free speech is ... Yes people have a right to wear / do what they want but others also have the right to have opinions on those choices & some of them might not be positive (references "people of Walmart").

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't think having an opinion about what someone is wearing whether positive or negitve makes anyone a bad person, it's not like you (general you) are going up to said person & telling them they look like crap ... But if you dress a certain way have a certain style, then expect attention, & not always positive attention.

If something didn't flatter me or looked like crap on me I would hope someone would have the decency to tell me. Luckily I know what to wear so that doesn't happen ;)

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
If you say it to yourself, a friend, whatever, in private, that's one thing. Saying it when the person you're talking about is within earshot, or posting pictures of them on places like POW or Facebook... that's just unnecessary and cruel.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
If you say it to yourself, a friend, whatever, in private, that's one thing. Saying it when the person you're talking about is within earshot, or posting pictures of them on places like POW or Facebook... that's just unnecessary and cruel.
Even though I don't do that, (hey I ain't that cruel) I can't really rag on others for doing it either because they are just exercising their first amendment rights. Plus Walmart is a public place, therefore it's fair game IMO

JessLough

Love My Mutt
What's that? It's the weekend? LET ME JUST OPEN UP THIS SORE AND GET IT INFECTED THEN.

^^pretty sure that was Nacho's thought process this weekend. He's so kind.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
A) There's a huge gap between what you are describing and wearing a low cut shirt.

B) No, I shouldn't have a problem with you looking, but it shouldn't give you the right to stare, drool, or violate my personal space.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Because... People don't have the right to wear whatever the **** they please, without asking you if it's appropriate enough for your liking? Interesting...
Then they shouldn't get mad when people stare, or ... Post they pic on POW or Facebook. There is a fine line btw "wearing whatever he **** you want" & decency.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
A) There's a huge gap between what you are describing and wearing a low cut shirt.

B) No, I shouldn't have a problem with you looking, but it shouldn't give you the right to stare, drool, or violate my personal space.
The situation in question started because the guy was giving "advice" on how to check out women. He was describing his body language and position, and people were like "Uh, that pretty much makes you look like you're checking out her boobs." His response: "I do look at her boobs and when she notices me looking I just smile. If she didn't want me to look she wouldn't be wearing that." Somebody else separately made a comment about people wearing "suggestive clothing" and another person was like "Don't assume anything about people's clothing except they like what they are wearing." So I +1d and said "Yeah some of these comments are kinda creepy." The second guy kinda backed off, but the first guy chimed back in and that was when he stated "Low cut tops are an invitation to look."
After I said HELL NO THEY ARE NOT he said "Well I'm going to look anyway no matter if she wants it or not."
Skeezebucket.

And like I said, made even worse by the fact that this guy was in another thread going on and on about how he's a VERY STRONG CHRISTIAN and he's LIVING HIS LIFE BY THE COMMANDS OF GOD. He got on me about not currently attending a church because GOD COMMANDS WE GO TO CHURCH AND PRAISE WITH OTHER CHRISTIANS.

I'm pretty sure God doesn't want you being a lecherous douche either bro.

Obviously men have a penis and they're going to look. But you can look, just don't gawk. And if you get CAUGHT looking don't be proud of yourself and pat yourself on the back because that means you weren't "just looking." That puts you in the "gawking" circle.
Just. Gross.

Then they shouldn't get mad when people stare, or ... Post they pic on POW or Facebook. There is a fine line btw "wearing whatever he **** you want" & decency.
You know what's decent? Treating other people with respect. Not gawking or putting them up on a public website for mockery.

Airn

I understand what you're saying. But People of Wal Mart and someone who wants to wear sweats that say PINK on the ass or a V neck are very different situations.

And decency is a very vague word. What I think is 'decent' might be something you view as 'scandalous'. Or vice versa.

I do think people should wear what they want, but of course they'll also get flack for it if it's ridiculous. (That's where POW come in.)

And free speech isn't the right to be an asshole to anyone you want. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. You know, opinions, assholes.

Saeleofu

And free speech isn't the right to be an asshole to anyone you want.
:hail: :hail: :hail:

Honsetly? Most of the time I wear what I wear because it's COMFORTABLE. I don't care if it's fashionable or not. I don't need to be miserable because someone else says this is what I should wear.

Members online

No members online now.