The Venting Thread

crazedACD

I took Romeo to the store I work at to pick up dog food today. Walked in the door, and someone down the aisle had their little poodle's flexi tucked into the carriage. When she saw Romeo she went nuts and got loose and charged up to Romeo...I was backing him up and holding his head in my legs while the little terror was running around him. I had to WAIT for the owner to come get the dog. Lord knows if he bit her I would be getting the lawsuit.

Oh and then I was still in the same area, looked over and she had the flexi tucked into the cart AGAIN. Just hold onto it!!!

Lyzelle

I hate it when my husband tells me to pick him up at a certain time. Then he makes me wait 20+ minutes. Because I just LOVE sitting in a cold car for half an hour waiting on him while he's standing around talking inside.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just got an e-mail about Pepper... she really wants to get her to a new home so she can be working soon... and if I can't take her soon she might get placed with somebody else.

I'm completely numb right now and trying to not start just crying hysterically.

ETA: I texted my mom completely freaking out and she was like "okay, we'll take care of this tonight. Don't worry. You won't lose her."

so I guess this should go in the good news thread because it sounds like my mom is going to make sure Peppy comes home to me and comes home soon. yay mom!

Last edited:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Why do Labrador puppies have to be so gosh darn expensive? *sigh* I'm having a really, really hard time justifying spending $1,000-$1,200 on a pup. *sigh again*

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Go to a field or companion breeder? I've seen them cheaper. Less of a name and I see less expensive dogs. Then again, that's an entirely reasonable price for a puppy in most every breed.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I just got an e-mail about Pepper... she really wants to get her to a new home so she can be working soon... and if I can't take her soon she might get placed with somebody else.

ETA: I texted my mom completely freaking out and she was like "okay, we'll take care of this tonight. Don't worry. You won't lose her."

so I guess this should go in the good news thread because it sounds like my mom is going to make sure Peppy comes home to me and comes home soon. yay mom!
Oh how stressful!! I am so glad that it can go in the good news category now though.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My dad goes in for a knee replacement in 2 weeks (Halloween). The recovery is 3 months in which time he cannot do stairs, so there's talk about keeping him in the hospital the whole time.

I'll be absolutely heart broken if he isn't home for Christmas..

Brattina88

One of my new biggest pet peeves is when someone asks you to stay up late and get on the computer so they can talk to you... and then they finally get on and they're like 'oh I'm tired I'll talk to you tomorrow' :mad: wtf did I just stay up for you for? :eek:

oh noes :eek:
I hope to see this in the good news thread for sure!

My dad goes in for a knee replacement in 2 weeks (Halloween). The recovery is 3 months in which time he cannot do stairs, so there's talk about keeping him in the hospital the whole time.

I'll be absolutely heart broken if he isn't home for Christmas..
3 months really? :eek: Tell him to to just sit on the stairs and scoot up on his butt :p lol

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I just feel like I'm treading water at school..my classes are just so much harder then I thought they would be and I'm so stressed.

Being a science major? I understood it.. I studied, I knew the right answers.
Being a pre-law.. it's so grey. Papers I think are perfect aren't, it's about personal analysis, the right answer isn't always clear, rules aren't rules, its all just..difficult.

Not to mention I have to take calc 2, which I am AWFUL at. The professor teaches like he is running a **** marathon and never even looks back long enough to ask a question.

Don't even get me started on learning ancient greek. DO NOT TAKE THIS LANGUAGE. It's so **** hard! The letters, the cases, each word changes based on it's role in the sentence.. the sentence structure is just ugh

I love my job. I really do.
But I have classes 9 am-11:30..Then dog walking/work 12-4:00, then back to school 5:30-9:00.
By the end of it.. I am so ready to crash. I have to stay at school after 9 pm because if I go home I'll just fall into bed. Dog walking is so draining, it's a lot of physical work and I love the dogs but I'm so tired.

I feel like I am just running on empty and burning myself out and I'm stressed and tired.
and I got a C+ on an english paper today. I have NEVER gotten a C+ on a paper before.

I'm a failure and I am failing.
and I just want to cry and make everything stop.

Worst of all my parents are all supportive and "Aww Honey, it's ok, we are so proud of you, you just started, it will get better"
which makes me even more upset at myself for disappointing them

My mom is the best mother in the universe and she deserves the best daughter and she got me and I feel like it just isn't fair.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I keep second guessing if I should register for school or not. I don't want to go back if it's just going to be a waste and yet another degree that I don't want to use... but at the same time, I don't think I'm ever going to get out of my rut if I don't go back to school.

But then I get afraid of balancing school and work. When I was in college before I only worked like 10 hours a week and it worked out perfectly. All I was paying for was gas for my car though, and any extra stuff I wanted... but now I pay for gas, student loans, car insurance, the rats, all of Juno's stuff... I have to work as many hours as I can get. Even if I only took a couple classes I think I could easily get a little overwhelmed trying to get back into the habit of doing homework.

I just keep flip flopping! Every time I go to sign up for a registration session, I freak out and decide "well, maybe I should think about it a little longer..." Part of what is holding me back is that signing up for the vet tech program was completely impulsive, and that didn't turn out the greatest. I can't have a repeat of that.

It's frustrating. I'm not happy with where I am right now but I'm freaked out about taking the steps to fix it.

crazedACD

I just feel like I'm treading water at school..my classes are just so much harder then I thought they would be and I'm so stressed.

Being a science major? I understood it.. I studied, I knew the right answers.
Being a pre-law.. it's so grey. Papers I think are perfect aren't, it's about personal analysis, the right answer isn't always clear, rules aren't rules, its all just..difficult.

Not to mention I have to take calc 2, which I am AWFUL at. The professor teaches like he is running a **** marathon and never even looks back long enough to ask a question.

Don't even get me started on learning ancient greek. DO NOT TAKE THIS LANGUAGE. It's so **** hard! The letters, the cases, each word changes based on it's role in the sentence.. the sentence structure is just ugh

I love my job. I really do.
But I have classes 9 am-11:30..Then dog walking/work 12-4:00, then back to school 5:30-9:00.
By the end of it.. I am so ready to crash. I have to stay at school after 9 pm because if I go home I'll just fall into bed. Dog walking is so draining, it's a lot of physical work and I love the dogs but I'm so tired.

I feel like I am just running on empty and burning myself out and I'm stressed and tired.
and I got a C+ on an english paper today. I have NEVER gotten a C+ on a paper before.

Worst of all my parents are all supportive and "Aww Honey, it's ok, we are so proud of you, you just started, it will get better"
which makes me even more upset at myself for disappointing them

My mom is the best mother in the universe and she deserves the best daughter and she got me and I feel like it just isn't fair.
I'm sorry :(. Muddle through it the best you can...maybe look at a little lighter course load next semester? C+ on a paper isn't bad! You'll get through it, we're halfway through the semester now.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
You're not a failure Fran. But I understand how you feel. I was a 4.0 student and I had major anxiety attacks over a math class I was in where I struggled a LOT (for some stupid reason I decided to take it online, which just made it more difficult to understand.) I managed to JUST scrape by... like by just a few points I got an A. It would not have been the end of the world to get a B, no one cares about my 4.0 anyway and no one even cared then... but to ME it was horrible and I was literally having anxiety attacks over it.
If you had gone to school in Chicago I would drive up this weekend, we could go out for drinks (um after shopping of course), then we could have some drunk-cry about our lives together LOL.

Your mom is proud of you because you're a compassionate, caring individual. And that is rare and worth a lot more than how you're doing in school or what job you ultimately get or if you know ancient Greek or not. And you are a lot stronger than you feel right at this moment, which I know you know deep down inside.

It will either get better or you will figure out what needs to change so you aren't running on empty anymore.
(((((((HUGS))))))))

Taqroy

You are not a failure! College sucks and it's hard and parts of it seem designed to make you feel crappy. Are there math tutors on campus? I NEVER would have passed Calc if not for my sister and the tutors. ((((((hugs))))))) Your parents love you because you're smart and wonderful and caring and an all around awesome person. (Which is also why we love you.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gqYAuFvtXM

I know it's not always that easy. But Barney is awesome and cracks me up so I'm posting it anyway.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
My upright freezer might be broken. *sobs* It crapped out last night but we're really hoping it just needs to defrost, or something. I have a chest freezer for back up, THANK BABY JESUS, because there is at least *counts on fingers* 1 million pounds of raw food in there. Kidding. But seriously at least 80 lbs or so. So then vent prt 2...

My roomie and I took this opportunity to thaw out and re-portion a 30 lb brick of green tripe. I WILL NEVER BE CLEAN AGAIN. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH BLEACH IN THE WORLD.

Also, Keeva's response to green tripe? Gobble it up with her eyes bulging and then... and then... she had her way with my leg. :eek: Like really frantically, dew claws digging in and little corgi hips going 100 mph. :rofl1: She really likes tripe.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My head is killing me and my stomach is all icky, I think just as a result of the migraine. About a bajillion muscles are sore and the tension from the migraine is making my neck even worse to the point where I can't hardly turn my head. I switched lunches with my co-worker so I could stay here until noon, then I'm bailing for the afternoon to go take a hot bath and try to feel better. Gross. At first it was just some pukey-feeling stuff, now it's lower GI starting to feel icky too... ew ew ew ew. Hopefully I'm not actually sick and it's just from the migraine...

Lyzelle

I've been battling a head cold sinus infection thing for the last week now, of course the ENTIRE time Jin has been home. I've had more migraines in the last week or so than I have in my entire life. Light sensitive, sound sensitive, wavy blurry drunk crap, and nausea(from wavy blurry drunk crap).

And now it's Shark Week. At least I know Implanon is working. But holy CRAP these cramps took the breath out of me last night.

Members online

No members online now.