Training milestone for Voodoo!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
He finally did a "down" while on a walk! WOOHOO! :D

I've been having trouble with the little snot and his "down" during walks. He just refused to do it. Not for treats, not for toys, not for anything. I even tried to physically place him into a down and he still wouldn't do it. was getting so exasperated.

Well, after a lot of false starts and fidgeting last night, he finally did it! I went nuts and praised him like he had just discovered the cure for the common cold. :lol-sign: And for the rest of the walk, he would stop and down the instant I told him to. He even did down/stays!

And, oh boy, the little dog knew he did well. He's already an arrogant little snot who believes he's God's gift to dogdom, but whenever Voodoo knows he's done right, he gets the puff and strut like nobody's business: "Oh yes, I AM that good." :rolleyes:

So plus side---better obedience. Downside---another expansion of the already-expansive Voodoo ego. *sigh* Oh well.

Thats good news! Im glad to hear that Voodoo is doing well in his training. For some dogs, it can be very hard, for some it can be very easy. Depends on personality!

He's already an arrogant little snot who believes he's God's gift to dogdom, but whenever Voodoo knows he's done right, he gets the puff and strut like nobody's business: "Oh yes, I AM that good." :rolleyes:

So plus side---better obedience. Downside---another expansion of the already-expansive Voodoo ego. *sigh* Oh well.
And you LOVE it, LOL!

Members online