What brand would u buy if you were uneducated about dog nutrition?

ihartgonzo said:
Casablanca, have you ever seen Mordy's Dog Food Project cost comparison chart? It makes it obvious that feeding a premium food is *cheapest* in the long-run!
That's only valid if you have the money in the short-run. It's also cheaper in the long run to buy good-quality clothing instead of cheap synthetics, and to invest in real estate, but if the cash isn't there, it's impossible to do.

ihartgonzo said:
I don't feel that is a legitimate excuse. The only excuse is ignorance/lack of education, IMO. I know plenty of people who are NOT wealthy, and they feed their dogs Kirkland or Evo or Eagle Pack, without complaining about it at all.
I'm not talking about people who 'aren't wealthy,' I'm talking about people who don't have any spare cash at all. No movies, no Starbucks, no vacations, no impromptu trips to the shore or the lake or the mountains, no Blockbusters, no nothing extra. Staples, in that life, really are staples. Bread, milk, potatoes, and yes, generic or grocery-store dog food.

ihartgonzo said:
If they research what's going into their dog, they will find that buying foods that are 5% crappy meat protein is like throwing money into a black hole, it takes so much more to keep weight on the dogs and the side affects to their health are devestating, as far as Vet bills, the vast majority of the time.
Research takes time and energy. The people who don't have enough money to hunt down and buy Candide or Canidae or whatever it's called are not likely to have the leisure time to hop online to investigate their kids' dog's diet.

Brattina88

iheartsammy said:
Sam use to eat Eukanuba...:p I thought it was the best food ever...I'm so glad I joined chaz :D
Same here! I only wish I would've learned sooner, but boy am I glad I've got my dogs on EVO now :D

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Brattina88 said:
Same here! I only wish I would've learned sooner, but boy am I glad I've got my dogs on EVO now :D
Same here, I have always fed Purina products....till now of course :) Chloe get Innova but I am thinking of switching to Innova EVO

Last edited:

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
casablanca1 said:
I'm not talking about people who 'aren't wealthy,' I'm talking about people who don't have any spare cash at all. No movies, no Starbucks, no vacations, no impromptu trips to the shore or the lake or the mountains, no Blockbusters, no nothing extra. Staples, in that life, really are staples. Bread, milk, potatoes, and yes, generic or grocery-store dog food.
Thats definatly us right there! And even then, its still cheaper (up front) to buy a premium food. You just have to do tons of research, and really look around, and make a few compromises here and there. Cause there is no way we can afford feed a food like Innova EVO even though thats what I would probably feed if I could.
For example on the Petco website, a 35 lb bag of Beneful is $20.
My food is $20 for 40 pounds. I'm only using 10 cups a day for 7 dogs. I dont think you can accomplish those same results with Beneful.
You just got to really search, and research to find the best.

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
casablanca1 said:
I'm not talking about people who 'aren't wealthy,' I'm talking about people who don't have any spare cash at all. No movies, no Starbucks, no vacations, no impromptu trips to the shore or the lake or the mountains, no Blockbusters, no nothing extra. Staples, in that life, really are staples. Bread, milk, potatoes, and yes, generic or grocery-store dog food
if you don't have any spare cash AT ALL, then you really are in no financial spot to even own a dog at that point in your life...I mean what if it got sick or something? people need to think before they get a pet..and I don't think there's anyone that dosen't have spare cash to do ANYTHING:eek: ! I'm not talking about you or anyone here. just some ppl in the real world say they don't have enough money for high-quality dog food, but they can spend over $50 in beer and all that crap! (like my mother..grrr):mad:

Members online

No members online now.