Breeds that Love water and aren't supposed to?

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Does anyone know of any dog breeds that in their description say they "aren't" a water dog.. yet they LOVE the water??

#1 - Belgian Tervuren/Gronendael

ALL the Belgians I know are completely obsessed with water.. yet in their description they aren't supposed to like it lol

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I know a dog that IS supposed to love water but doesnt :p Does that count :D

jess2416

Who woulda thought
mamasobuco said:
LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Our neighbor's black lab is deathly afraid of the hose. :eek:
LOL :D My Shepherd/Lab mix hates water hehe

R

rottiegirl

My rottie/dobe mix loved jumping in my parents pool.

My parents fat pug also LOVES the water. She gets excited when you say... "take a bath?".

Giny

Poodles are supposed to like water, since they were originally bred to be water retriever, though I think my line of poodles have been way diluted to show any instinct for it. :D Though out of the 3 Boomer does like water and will retrieve anything I through (stick, ball).

I did have a Dobe that loved water. I couldn't go near a lake or pound without hearing CASSPLOOSH! as soon as we got near it.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Well I'm not sure but have not read anything to the contrary but I don't think ACDS are water dogs however I have yet to meet one that does not love it

Shih-Tzus are known not to be overly found of it and everyone that owns one knows the are excellent "Pillow Babysitters " but my ladies didn't read that chapter lol

Members online

No members online now.