The Venting Thread

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
i have a dozen misc little cuts all over my knuckles and finger webbing on my right (dominant) hand, and they all hurt and are sore and tight. how the hell did i get so many? what the ****?

Taqroy

Mu woke me up at 2:30 this morning whining about her cone. She's lucky I had to pee anyway and just settled for stuffing a pain pill in her instead of making her sleep downstairs in the kennel all by her lonesome.

I wish my dogs spoke English. And had logic.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
The whole family took all the nieces and nephew's to the Childrens Museum (4 adults, 3 kids). I wasn't invited. Instead I get to go do Grandmum Watch. Oh. The. Joy.

milos_mommy

My head has been hurting for like 3 days straight!! :( (Yes I've been to the doctor, I have a sinus infection and am on antibiotics)
Do you have a neti pot? I had a horrible sinus/cold thing going on a few weeks ago, and the only thing that helped was putting like a tablespoon of vinegar in the netipot with about half the neti-pot bicarbonate solution. It stings a tiny bit to do it, but it feels like 400x better afterwards.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
After a bunch of tests they don't know what's going on with my grandma but she appeared to be back to her normal self. They wanted to keep her at least overnight though.

Woke up this morning and my computer had rebooted in the middle of the night, presumably from a Windows update. Typed in my password to log in and it rebooted again and it's hanging on the very first load screen. Can't even get to system diagnostics or anything.
Great. That's exactly how I want to spend my night. Trying to fix my ($*@ing computer. If I have to do a restore I'm going to be upset, because I downloaded the video for Trkman's class (ironically, while giving it my first watch last night, I thought "I wonder if I should burn this to a DVD, because if my computer dies I'm in trouble") and if I have to restore in might wipe that out.

I really just want to go home, sit in a little corner, and cry for a few hours.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I have to get Whiskey to the vet again. He has an appointment coming up Saturday the 23rd but I need to call my vet to see if they have something sooner. He doesn't seem to actually be in any pain and is eating, drinking and using the litterbox fine, but his stomach has started spasming again. It isn't has bad as when he first got here, but I'm going to go ahead and get the xrays done since it could be a number of different things. There is no way of knowing what exactly is going on without doing xrays. I'm starting to wonder if he has asthma, but no idea.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
For the past four days I have been having a hard time gettin asleep and staying asleep. I blame it on my best friends wedding. All I can think about is her wedding and all the planning that still needs to be done and all the decorations I still need to make. Her wedding is only 3 weeks away. Man, being the MOH is hard work. Thank goodness the stagette is this weekend. Spa, hot springs and girly drinks. Yes please!

Saeleofu

My animal behavior book says that jerking on a leash is ngative reinforcement. NO. NO IT'S NOT. IT'S POSITIVE PUNISHMENT. If this shows up on the test I WILL ADDRESS IT. I can guarantee it. And I will argue to the end of time about it. And my animal behavior teacher has the exact same background in psychology as I do (BA in psych and bio minor), so I hope, I really, really do hope, that he realizes it's wrong.

I don't know if he discussed it in class or not, because I missed lecture that day because I was timesick. Now I really wish I would have made it.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well, home for lunch and I deduced something about my computer problems... it's just simply no longer recognizing EITHER of my hard drives.

Awesome.

ETA: Even better! I finally got through to the BIOS and got a message that 'hard drive failure is imminent.' FAAAABULOUS. Hopefully I can get a good deal on a drive at work to replace it.

And my new blanks for tag making are here and they were supposed to be 14 gauge and they're thinner than the 18 gauge I ordered a few months back.

Then I was so upset I forgot my gym bag so I don't have my clothes to go to the gym after work and because of their stupid new class times there's no time to go home and grab my clothes and go over there.

AND it's snowing. a-f*$*ing-gain.

this is just a crappy day. CTRL+ALT+Z on this day please.

Last edited:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
i have a dozen misc little cuts all over my knuckles and finger webbing on my right (dominant) hand, and they all hurt and are sore and tight. how the hell did i get so many? what the ****?
I get those sometimes when the weather changes from hot to cold & the humidity goes up or down, a good moisturizer with aloe/vita E helps a lot ... I like the gold bond ultimate healing lotion

FG167

Well, home for lunch and I deduced something about my computer problems... it's just simply no longer recognizing EITHER of my hard drives.

Awesome.

ETA: Even better! I finally got through to the BIOS and got a message that 'hard drive failure is imminent.' FAAAABULOUS. Hopefully I can get a good deal on a drive at work to replace it.

And my new blanks for tag making are here and they were supposed to be 14 gauge and they're thinner than the 18 gauge I ordered a few months back.

Then I was so upset I forgot my gym bag so I don't have my clothes to go to the gym after work and because of their stupid new class times there's no time to go home and grab my clothes and go over there.

AND it's snowing. a-f*$*ing-gain.

this is just a crappy day. CTRL+ALT+Z on this day please.
Huge *HUGS*

k9krazee

Bad mood. Bad day. Nothing went right and I was running late for everything all day because of things out of my control.

An I haven't eaten anything all day.

GipsyQueen

Beanie, snowed last night here, too. MAKE IT STOP. It was 50s and sunny all week :(
Same here. Last week 50s even one day in the 60s... and Tuesday we were hit with a gosh darn snow storm. WINTER! You were welcome on Christmas, but on Christmas the first flowers were budding. Now its spring. It is almost easter. What is your problem. Go away.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I need to code all the things, but instead I went to the mall and bought all the things. Wut.

I have four programs to code. What am I doing.

Grab

My workplace is understaffed. We were already down a tech (she found a new job) then our kennel person quit. And this week, two techs are at a conference.

We have to be in at 5:30 in the morning, because vets will not quit keeping every animal who walks in the door. Why are we boarding animals because owners are too lazy to keep an e-collar on at home.

Members online