my dog ate chocolate, now what?

fwed

Hi, I have a 10lb terrier, I got done eating a macdonalds Hot fudge sundae and i was all done, there was a little bit of ice cream on the sides as well as some sticky peices of fudge on the side, and my dog got into it and started licking it, he licked it for maybe 25 seconds or so....so should I be worreid? is that enough to make him sick? what should I do?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
He'll be fine. :)

For contrast, my 77lb lab ate 5lbs of See's chocolate and while hyper as all hell for a day or so, she was fine.

dogaddict

My dog has done the EXACT same thing with my macs sundae leftovers, I was so worried but he was perfectly fine. I hope yours will be too! I called my vet who said the chocolate content was too little to do any harm, but just monitor him for a couple of days and see how it goes.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
my friends mastiff ate an entire chocolate bunny. she took him to the vet but it all turned out fine, he just had an upset tummy

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I would be SHOCKED if hot fudge from McDonalds had any actual cocoa in it. I would not worry in the least.

It's cocoa that's toxic, and most milk or processed chocolate has little to no cocoa in it, which means the toxicity is little to none.

Members online

No members online now.