Question about Kongs

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I went and got a puppy kong for chloe today (the large breed puppy one) and i got some treats which i thought would fit but they are to small:( Anyways i was wondering if there were different sized treats because the only treats that were there were the small ones and the peanut butter in the can?
P.S. Sorry if this is a silly question but i have heard so many of you talk about them i had to go out and get chloe one.

Saje

Island dweller
I put real peanut butter in mine. Sometimes I mash a baked apple and flax in it too. You can mix treats up with the peanut butter. Freeze them to make them last longer.

bubbatd

My best bet with Chip ( he has the medium size kong ) is a dog bicky I have to force in. I did get him a large one, but he'd empty it in 2 minutes .

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I did not know it the treats were supposed to fit tightly in the big end or just put them all the way inside of it. Chloe was able to get them out (she loved her kong by the way) but i will try the peanut butter and the treats and freezing next time. All natural peanut butter right?
thanks for the info.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Riot doesn't have a kong right now, he prefers things that are squishy and squeak at home, but whenever we visit another home and they have a kong, hes on it like a fat kid on cake lol

Friends of mine that have a kong, have used peanut butter. i've also seen canned dog food smooshed into it as well(the same type of food the dog is normally fed, but in canned form).

jess2416

Who woulda thought
he prefers things that are squishy and squeak at home
She has a couple of those too. It was so funny watching her when I first threw it and she chased it and heard the noise i wish i would've had a video camera:D

Madaline

Madeline has a medium size kong, I break a dog biscuit in half, dip the large end in peanut butter and stuff it in the kong, large side first, I squeese the kong to get it in, it is quite hard to get out and she licks and chews on it for some time before the bone comes out. She is getting pretty good at it though, it is one of her most favorite things to do.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Here are some websites that I found a while back
Kong Recipies and Ideas
Kong Recipies
Thanks for the websites i will try one of the recipes tomorrow
Thanks to everyone else for the ideas i will be sure to try some of them

Last edited:

Barb04

Super Moderator
I even put some kibble in it and they have fun knocking it around getting the kibble to fly out.

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
I use a different kong, I use the one that is in a shape of a bone with holes in each end, and I fill each end with peanut butter, but I make sure to squish it into the crevices, I think that makes it take longer for Bailey to clean it out and keeps him happy longer. I'd love to have a camera on him and watch him eat at that for lord only knows how long.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I would love to have a camcorder for chloe too. i think i will go take some pics. i will be posting them later.

Members online

No members online now.