Chaz Tips... Living with A Maturing Dog

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Umm... you add a year to the answer when somebody asks how old she was every birthday, and she got a little more grey? That... was about it :lol-sign:

BostonBanker

I was having a meltdown the other day, because I took the dogs for a 3 mile trail run, and on the last bit back to the car, Meg was really just trotting along behind me, not running ahead as she usually does. And all I could think was "She's old, she can't, she doesn't want to" and I wanted to cry, and then the dogs heard something in the woods and Meg basically ran over the top of Gusto to get ahead of him. So maybe she's just getting smarter about conserving her energy.

Honestly, I haven't changed much with her. She still gets the same food with no supplements. I've never seen her take an off step or seem sore. I think about dropping her down to veterans in agility, but so far she's showing no signs that the height is an issue for her (and we don't run 4 or 5 classes a day anymore).

I'm interested to have my new vet take a look at her, particular since the vet is very focused on rehab/sports medicine. Meg pretty significant old scar on her elbow; she was a bit gimpy on it when I first was fostering her, but it's never given her an ounce of trouble since. I may look into putting her on a joint supplement at this point just for my own good feelings.

I do brush her teeth pretty much nightly now, which I never used to do. I'd like to prevent having to put her under again if I can help it.

Where can I order my denial pills? I don't need them for Meg, since she and I have a deal that she will stay happy and healthy forever, but they'd be nice to have on hand for some other stuff.

Members online

No members online now.