Does your dog watch TV?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bodhi is totally uninterested, but we've noticed that Fred will watch intently, and head tilt at the sounds. He doesn't just glance, but soaks it in for a good while. So funny :)

ACooper

Nope. Neither did Phoebe. I've tried to point things out to them, or get them excited about a dog or animal on tv but no dice. I think it's cute though, lol

I've always thought it was because they are 'townies' And I am VERY proud my dogs are EXCELLENT townies. They dont bark at every little thing like the neighbor dogs. They hear and see all kinds of town noises, people coming and going, other dogs, cars, cats, squirrels....just a billion things they've learned to tune out, and tv is just one more on the list, lol

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Not normally, though when we were visiting my in-laws they have one of those giant 60+" TVs and it's set just off the floor so it's more or less dog height...Mira walked into the room right as (discovery channel) a giant grizzly ran charging and roaring across the screen. Pretty sure she though we were under attack lolol.

But no, not normally ;)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Only Snipe seems to even notice the TV and she only pays attention to it periodically. She really likes to listen to the Yes live concerts on Netflix!

Kimbers

They've been known to watch when there are dogs on screen, but not too intently.

I always wonder who's idea it was to put TVs in the kennels of some doggy day cares. Seems like a waste for the most part. (Except for Fred's case, I guess!)

M

MyHorseMyRules

Tempie doesn't, but Raja and Boone do.

Especially SVU, which I find really odd. There aren't animals, not a whole lot of flashy lights or crazy sounds... I guess they just got their excellent taste in tv shows from me. lol

Doberluv

Tempie doesn't, but Raja and Boone do.

Especially SVU, which I find really odd. There aren't animals, not a whole lot of flashy lights or crazy sounds... I guess they just got their excellent taste in tv shows from me. lol

Too cute!

Jose` is the only dog I can remember who watches TV. He doesn't do it for long stretches, but if there are dogs or horses...really any animal on there, he'll watch intently and growl at them. lol. I have to tell him to pipe down or I can't hear what's going on. Then he'll settle down and go to sleep. But yeah...he does watch for a little bit quite often.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Seamus loves watching TV, especially if there are animals on. Sometimes he barks at it and runs up to the screen if he's really feeling it. :p

Sally doesn't notice the TV.

Assamiea

Baxter loves to watch movies. If it's a sad movie he whines and wimpers at the sad parts. Horror and action movies are a bit too much for him though, he'll watch the slower parts but when any of the action or gory parts come on with screaming he'll actually lie on the couch and cover his face with his paw.

The only time Rocky would watch tv was when my sister was younger and she used to watch a kids arts and craft show. He wasn't a fan of the host and would growl and bark at the tv when the host came on or narrated a segment. Other than that particular show he's never had much interest in the tv.

mary_mt

Spook lives here
Spook listens intently when he heards barks. Has been known to run to the door when doorbell on TV rings.

BostonBanker

I once stayed awake until midnight at a motel during an agility trial because Gusto was watching Shrek and I felt bad turning it off. He watched the entire movie intently.

He loves any animals as well, and watched nearly an hour of showjumping without moving.

milos_mommy

Yup. Benji will only watch really if it's a dog-centric movie (like snow dogs or homeward bound) otherwise he gets bored.

But Milo watches whatever, and looks behind and around the TV play bowing if there's a dog on screen and it goes off. He also barks his head off at any bad guys or scary music....so horror or thriller movie nights he is not invited to.

We were watching a reenactment of a cougar attack the other day, and he seriously told that cougar off. I thought he might actually attack the TV, but he didn't, just stood there snarling and roaring with his hair on end.

Catsi

No, neither Grace nor Abby do as a rule. There was one occasion when a wolf howled on the telly and that got Abby's attention. The look on her face was a classic 'wtf' moment. Then she did her little thing where she grumbles under her breathe for about half a minute.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Last night when I got home, as I was walking up to the front door I could tell by looking at my bedroom window that my TV was on. Odd. It wasn't on when I left.

Sure enough I get inside and go in my room and there's Juno, hanging out on my bed in the dark with the TV on :rofl1: She must have stepped on or laid on the remote or something and hit the power button, but I still thought it was funny.

But she does like watching TV, for reals. Of course weird or high pitched noises pique her interest. She also likes Harry Potter.

Saeleofu

When I go to bed at night, I play on the computer for a bit while the dogs eat, then Gavroche lays in his crate for a bit. When I get ready to actually sleep, I turn on classic Doctor Who. When the music starts, Gavroche comes running :rofl1:

Both dogs will stare at the TV on occasion. Mostly if there's an animal somethingorother on, but many times during Doctor Who they'll just sit and stare. Especially Logan. Logan will get a cushion off the couch and put it on the floor in front of the TV, then get a blanket off the couch, roll up in the blanket, lay on the floor with his head on the cushion, and stare at the TV. He's so weird lol.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Yep, Rosey will. Though, since we got multiple ferrets, she tends to like to watch them more. I don't blame her, I don't need tv with them either xD

If you're watching something, and Rosey wants something... and you tell her "after this show", she'll watch the tv, and as soon as the credits are rolling, she'll be after you again LOL

Renegade likes to have the tv on to watch, as well.

Members online

No members online now.