Ew. Eye boogies.

RD

Are you dead yet?
So all of my dogs are reacting to the springtime changes, and they all have eye boogies to varying degrees (Zaphod's are just... wow. I know all the gross things are bigger with a big dog, but holy crap batman!)

How do you go about removing the nasty little things? I used to grab a kleenex and wipe them away but now if I'm at home I dampen a cotton ball with some saline to remove them.

What can you do to make them go away entirely? Is it an allergy thing or do dogs get them all the time? They drive me nuts!

That's a great question! Chloe has them all of the time....more so in her left eye for some reason. Jack hardly ever gets them at all. I just clean hers with a moist cotton ball.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Sierra's got them like MAD! I use a kleenex (or just my finger if we're not somewhere where these things are convenient and then just wipe off with snow or whatever. GROSS)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I don't do Major's - Ick, his are nasty.

For Lizzie I use the kleenex or a moist paper towel/tissue paper.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ok so it's not just my dogs! I was getting worried that it was a reaction to the KS, but if everyone's dogs have suddenly got them going on, I'm not quite as bothered.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I just wipe them away with my fingers... gross I know, but it's gotta be done - my dogs aren't allowed to run amok with eye boogies!

An old hunting guy I knew told me to wipe them away with the dog's ear - something about not damaging the hair follicles around the eye, or the eye itself. Kind of odd, but interesting.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
My dogs have them, too. I was a little nervous about it until I figured it was the seasonal changes and the strong, dusty winds we have here. I usually wipe them away with a kleenex or cotton ball.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Haha, Ozzy doesn't have them hardly at all, except when he wakes up. PHHHHBBBT.

Anyway, if he does get them I just use a piece of toilet paper or a washcloth. I'd try the ear thing, but then they'd be on his ears...

Hillside

Original Twin
I just use my finger. Not only do I get Django's eye boogies, but I'll get other dog's too. (Ilsa didn't have any yesterday, or I would have got them too.)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Oh good! I thought Rizz was sick or something! lol

Lucas never got boogies bad at all, rarely had them. But Rizz OMG! She's got them bad!

RD

Are you dead yet?
SizzleDog, that ear thing actually makes sense... Except all my dogs (with the exception of Eve who has huge donkey ears) have short ears that can't reach their eyes! I, too am obsessive about the removal of EB's and I'm worried that I have actually wiped Zap's eyes so much that the hair around the corners of his eyes is falling out. It's hard to tell, though, because he has really light brown fur around his eyes as it is. Tortoiseshell spectacls, I guess.

I use my fingers too if I don't have a kleenex, then wipe the offending blob on the dog. Fur's gotta be useful for something and grosser things come in contact with their coats!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i think all dogs have them to one degree or another.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
HAHA. RD, thats exactly what I do if Oz gets them in the morning. I use my fingers and then just wipe it on him. He doesn't care, lol

Bimmer almost never has any, and he keeps Kharma's face clean for me, lol. She will even go to him and ask him to clean her face for her sometimes. He does her ears as well.

Members online

No members online now.