Victor scared me

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
he is into tree climbing these days..if he can go after the bird or squirrel if he just tries hard enuff..so he jumped up into the crotch of a redbud tree and made another jump for the next lim..failing to make it, held on with his front feet but dropped anyway, his leg wedging in the v of the trunk..i thought he was going to break it! I ran as fast as i could to get him but he leaped back and freed himself whew! ikes! I was so scared. What am i going to do with this boy!
.he saw a heron at the lake and really thought he would make it over there..he was 2/3s across before he decided maybe he should turn back.
I thought he was going to drown trying to get this seagull. Old boss would just shake his head and say "its a da*n shame to waste a good bird dog like that" because i don't hunt. His desire is just unreal...it's keeping from wacking himself out that is hard. I would have just died inside if his long pretty leg broke...he was lucky.

That Vic! :eek: Maybe you should try to do some training with him like you did the trial dogs. That way, at least, he might get it through his head that he's only allowed to go after things on command.

Just what you need . . . one MORE thing to do, lol!

aurorab

Baby has been know to clinb tree also... but she gets up there and can't get down. It's the fiest in her. The fiest gets her up there and the chi can't get back down, haha.
I think renee is right, some training/ outlet might be good for him

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oh man! I think Vic is about the only dog that notices those herons out there; most of the other dogs just take a quick glance and go back to what they were doing. Maybe you should attatch some feathers to his ball--maybe he'll go after it quicker that way. ;)

avenlee

LOL ... sorry to laugh, but I had to! Thank goodness he was OK. HAHAHA got to chuckle again. These darn dogs of ours.. their nuts! Maybe Vic was a squirrel in his past life???? I can't imagine seeing my dogs climb anything even with Nora's fiesty personality, she can't make it on top of the bed LOL and well Sadie would just lay down and think to herself, 'they got to come down sometime' :cool: 'Just where's my tail' hehehe (my Eore)

Thanks for the mid afternoon chuckle and give Vic a big ole hug and rub :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i just came in from the car and found Mary sitting up right at my art table..in my chair..what in the world she was looking at or thinking about i do not know..there are no treats, or food..just palette. paint plate, rinse jar and bottles..sometimes the woman just makes you wonder whats going on in her head.. :D
Once when i was playing the piano she came over and placed her muzzle on one key..she made one note, and then seemed satisfied and flopped down underneatH (it is a baby grand) If she had the brush in her mouth i don't know if i would have been suprised! :eek:

Members online