Agility training

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Merlin passed his agility 1 class :) which is very basic but I think pretty exciting.

First day he thought off leash meant WOOHOO DOG PARK LETS PARTY! So to see his improvements and focus I think is awesome

he really likes the tunnel, but we haven't even touched jumps yet so we shall see lol I have a feeling he'll like those

iriskai

Merlin passed his agility 1 class :) which is very basic but I think pretty exciting.

First day he thought off leash meant WOOHOO DOG PARK LETS PARTY! So to see his improvements and focus I think is awesome

he really likes the tunnel, but we haven't even touched jumps yet so we shall see lol I have a feeling he'll like those
Yay for agility 1 passers! Ezra loved the tunnel, too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer is having tunnel-suck, which is awesome because tunnels were what tripped us up on our first trials.

I do find if I mis-judge my distance and stop at a tunnel, she still attempts to run on top of it.

k9krazee

Congrats to everyone on their successes!!! I love following this thread. :)
Me too! Even if I don't post enough it enough. I wish I had time to reply to all the updates & videos!

I just love hearing how much fun everyone is having and how awesome all the chaz dogs are!!!!

iriskai

How are you rewarding the jumps with Mimi now? I've been trying to reward speed lately regardless of performance. If she's turned on and working with me (or attempting to), I jackpot.
Sorry I suck and didn't see this until now!

We took it all the way back to a single jump and send work. Praising after each time, jackpotting for speedy returns to heel. Once she caught on that each time she jumped it was PARTY, she started to pick up speed more frequently. Since I was doing a lot of jump work, I DID lower the heigh for her to make it easier, but she doesn't have a habit of dropping bars (three in the past YEAR if that helps, my errors).

iriskai

Yay! What venue?
AKC - I haven't done registration for CPE or anything yet. It's actually the weekend before the Whippet National (which I'm signing up for tomorrow…) and happens to be at the club I train at. Maybe a good starter trial? I'm floating somewhere between excited and regretting my decision. :) I've shown dogs.. but it usually involves a skirt suit, dress shoes, pantyhose (ick), and politics! This is going to be a definite change of pace.. I'll have a friend video the runs so everyone here can laugh. :)

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I never post in here but I love following this thread!

We found a baby a frame at the dog park today (and weaves, and a baby teeter, and a jump, and a table), which the mountain goat dog immediately began playing on and leaping off. We played a bit with slamming the teeter, which of course violent Feist loved. Also had her do a few multiwraps around the jump (it was probably 4-6") just to see if she'd generalize since she's never done it jumping, which she did awesome. And played send out and around the trees, call to hand, and sending forward etc. that's all the 'agility' we'll be doing for a while, ha.

iriskai

Just did my online entry for the national.. I hope we're ready for this! One weekend after the other.. Trial by fire!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
AKC - I haven't done registration for CPE or anything yet. It's actually the weekend before the Whippet National (which I'm signing up for tomorrow…) and happens to be at the club I train at. Maybe a good starter trial? I'm floating somewhere between excited and regretting my decision. :) I've shown dogs.. but it usually involves a skirt suit, dress shoes, pantyhose (ick), and politics! This is going to be a definite change of pace.. I'll have a friend video the runs so everyone here can laugh. :)
Sounds fun, good luck!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I entered the puppies in a novice-only trial. Nobody has any Open Qs yet so I could go ahead and put them in both jumpers and standard. Georgie still needs two standard Qs anyway. It's the weekend right before Louisville... I'm hoping it will give us a chance to kind of get back into the flow before I'm like HAHA OKAY HERE WE ARE BIG SHOW LET'S ROCK N ROLL. Pretty expensive practice, but I would rather have that be my expensive practice than Louisville. =P

My mom hurt her back earlier this week, so I took over training Georgie. I probably should have done it earlier, but I'm so busy already trying to put training a third dog in the mix is a little crazy. But she's actually quite a smart little girl and since I know what I'm doing we're making some progress already.

There's just soooo much to do and the yard is still a big snowy mess. It's melting right now, but in a couple days it's going to get severely cold again (no highs above 20) and it will all just refreeze. I'm considering skipping the gym tonight and trying to shovel out my backyard...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Next week I'm missing class so I'm dropping in another one. I've been warned it will be remedial for my dogs but it's better than no agility and tbh I'm kind of excited to see new dogs and people.

iriskai

Next week I'm missing class so I'm dropping in another one. I've been warned it will be remedial for my dogs but it's better than no agility and tbh I'm kind of excited to see new dogs and people.
Any is better than none, and I don't think it'd hurt to brush up on simple stuff! In my agility 1 class with Ezra, if he needs a mental break I'll swap Mimi in for a bit. Never hurts, and reminds me to keep up with the basics with her!

Sekah

The Monster.
I'm in a class with people who are not ready for trialing and who may have no interest in doing so. It was the only class that had room for me. The courses are often frustratingly basic but you can add to the challenge a bit by layering obstacles, working on distance and pushing to the back side of jumps, etc while running. I hope to get into the competition level class eventually, but I bet it'll be a while before a spot opens up.

k9krazee

We had our third private lesson ever today and even though Crossbone & I haven't really racked up much practice time in the last year, I am so amazed and impressed every lesson how much he progresses. And how much fun he has!!! We haven't done any agility since his first trial back in December and he rocked it today. We are FINALLY getting on a regular weekly class schedule starting on Monday. I'm excited. The private lessons are great, but we do need to practice with distractions and around other people.

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to enter the CPE trial this weekend for funsies.

Limit's evaluation/private lesson is tonight. I am so nervous and excited!

Soo exciting! Can't wait to hear about it!!

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
It is done. Penn has her first official AAC trial at the end of March. Two stabdards& a steeplechase. Not exactly what I was aiming for but it is all they are offering. We have one Jess Martin seminar before then.. Eek!

Members online

No members online now.