Meet Nymeria

I would like to introduce Nymeria (Nym for short). Nym is a 4 month old Cocker Spaniel mix. Found Nym running around the neighborhood last Monday. Her right eye was injured and severely infected. The vet said that her eye had to be removed and to needed to be done asap. Nym under went surgery that day. She is well. When Nym gets to come home she will start her training as a service dog. We know that her blind side will hinder her in certain tasks but we can work around that. The person she is assisting does not need a lot of assist just some basic things like Anxiety detect and Interrupt/redirect. Nym will never be asked to do a task that would be stressful to her. I feel that Nym will have no problems doing anything asked of her. At the vets office she was perfect. Even being scared and hurt she behaved beautifully. If someone came in she would sniff at them a little and then lay down and ignore them. Only growled at one dog but that was because he wouldn't leave her alone. Once corrected she ignored the dog. She never even whimpered when the vet was checking her out. I was very proud of her. That is way more then I expected from a 4 month old pup.

Nym is with a very good vet. Dr Means is really not friendly with the humans but awesome with the animals As of this morning she was doing well. She had pulled her bandage off again but that's to be expected. I think we are just waiting for the infection to clear up more before she will be allowed to come home.

Members online