CM gets bitten... again (vid included)

Lyzelle

That may very well be but I would love to meet the perfect child. Can you find me one please?
Logic goes both ways. Where are these perfect dogs?

It has nothing to do with the child being perfect. If they make a mistake, it's theirs or the parents. Not the dogs. No more than it's a strangers fault you let your kid play in the street.

rubygirl

NILF and purposely bullying a dog are two very different things, IMO.
I agree. What I'm saying is that just because a dog has something doesn't mean that you shouldn't have the ability to retrieve it right out of their mouths.
That would render most retrievers, therapy dogs, and k9 officers very useless don't you think?

rubygirl

What? :confused:

Police dogs ARE trained to release with a command.
Yes they are. What if they didn't obey... would you wait until the animal fatally mauled the suspect? Or would you pry the dog off the guy...? Oh no wait that would be taking something away that the dog was allowed to bite.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yes they are. What if they didn't obey... would you wait until the animal fatally mauled the suspect? Or would you pry the dog off the guy...? Oh no wait that would be taking something away that the dog was allowed to bite.
It's a little something called training, which you can't seem to grasp.

rubygirl

I just have a different viewpoint I guess. I value my kids over a dog, what can I say?
The fact at hand is this- the dog bit a person hard enough to do serious damage (with little provocation IMO) + the family had a young child. End of story IMO.

Lyzelle

I agree. What I'm saying is that just because a dog has something doesn't mean that you shouldn't have the ability to retrieve it right out of their mouths.
That would render most retrievers, therapy dogs, and k9 officers very useless don't you think?
I never said that, either. Plenty of people here have said that training a release is possible.

So what is your point in this argument? Because you keep dodging all the points being made and putting words in our mouths.

rubygirl

I never said that, either. Plenty of people here have said that training a release is possible.

So what is your point in this argument? Because you keep dodging all the points being made and putting words in our mouths.
You stated. Once the dog has something it is theirs. No it isn't. I don't know how I can state that in any more/less simplistic terms.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I can grasp it alright. So Cesar was training (in his way) how to not guard her food...
Cesar is an abusive bully, and was not training her. He pushed her into biting. She gave plenty of warning signs. I suggest you watch the video with commentary that was posted up earlier in this thread.

rubygirl

The point is. Most of you are bleeding hearts. I am not.
I would NOT under any terms risk that dog being around ANY children. THAT IS AN OPINION, WHICH IS WHAT FORUMS ARE SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR.

Lyzelle

You stated. Once the dog has something it is theirs. No it isn't. I don't know how I can state that in any more/less simplistic terms.
Yeah, as in, if you give a dog something, let them have it. Don't bug them every 5 minutes just because you can and you think you need to be an "Alpha" by bullying them. Give the dog respect. Put the time into the training for leave its and releases.

You don't want to do that? Get a stuffed animal.

rubygirl

Cesar is an abusive bully, and was not training her. He pushed her into biting. She gave plenty of warning signs. I suggest you watch the video with commentary that was posted up earlier in this thread.
He's not abusive. That is such an over used term in this godforsaken society.

Lyzelle

The point is. Most of you are bleeding hearts. I am not.
I would NOT under any terms risk that dog being around ANY children. THAT IS AN OPINION, WHICH IS WHAT FORUMS ARE SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR.
No, most of the people on these threads are professional trainers. You are not.

I'm sorry you feel like kids walk on water and should be able to bully other lifeforms. Not everyone feels that way.

rubygirl

Yeah, as in, if you give a dog something, let them have it. Don't bug them every 5 minutes just because you can and you think you need to be an "Alpha" by bullying them. Give the dog respect. Put the time into the training for leave its and releases.

You don't want to do that? Get a stuffed animal.
Get a stuffed animal.... I don't think that **** is necessary.

Lyzelle

He's not abusive. That is such an over used term in this godforsaken society.
God-forsaken. Because idiocracy is directly related to a lack of religion. ;)

And he is abusive, mentally so. He pushes dogs, bullies them, and leads them into a life of constant anxiety and fear. That's abuse in my book.

rubygirl

No, most of the people on these threads are professional trainers. You are not.

I'm sorry you feel like kids walk on water and should be able to bully other lifeforms. Not everyone feels that way.
Really. Professional as in google?
I never said my kids feel anything... who's putting words into who's mouth?
My kids are taught to respect all creatures, they most likely know more about dog body language then you do.
I'm saying my kids aren't PERFECT. To add onto that my daughter is special needs.

Members online

No members online now.