Westminster Chat

Equinox

I was out all day and missed it! Could someone provide a link to the livestream and the judging schedule? That would be AWESOME.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I watched the pyr shep breed stream. Was kinda annoyed that pyrsheps and papillons were showing at the same time. :/

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I heard from a couple Ibizan people that some of the judges haven't been paying 100% attention to every dog in the rings. They mentioned a dog and handler would go to do the walking part (not sure what they call that) and the judge would already be looking at the next dog instead of paying full attention to the other dog still. If that's true that would really **** me off if I was an owner/handler. People pay a lot of money to go to these shows, i.e fuel, hotel, food etc.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I watched the pyr shep breed stream. Was kinda annoyed that pyrsheps and papillons were showing at the same time. :/
I watched the PyrShep stream after the fact -- were all the dogs docked? I was surpised to see what looked like a couple smooth faces amongst them :) but then couldn't find a tail anywhere.

Granted I think 9 of the 10 dogs were from the same breeder

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Wait, are you inferring there are politics picking winners at a dog show!?

:p

I like the Malinois judge judging in heels, it felt so wrong for a working dog. Flat feet, straight fronts, flappy gaits, a couple had disconcertingly low tails and I even saw one tip tuck. I'm clearly bias for a working dog but a few were very nice, I liked the heads and rears, and a couple had great substance, the winning bitch has a herding title, I read on FB. None have bite sports but several had AKC sports which made me happy.

I haven't seen anything else.

kady05

I heard from a couple Ibizan people that some of the judges haven't been paying 100% attention to every dog in the rings. They mentioned a dog and handler would go to do the walking part (not sure what they call that) and the judge would already be looking at the next dog instead of paying full attention to the other dog still. If that's true that would really **** me off if I was an owner/handler. People pay a lot of money to go to these shows, i.e fuel, hotel, food etc.
LOL, that's pretty standard ;) Judges have about.. 2min. or less per dog, most take even less time. So you best be ready to go once the judge gets to you. When gaiting, they pay full attention on the down & back, but when they tell you to go around, most only watch for 10 strides or so.. very rarely do they watch you the entire time. Just the way it goes.

Aleron

Wait, are you inferring there are politics picking winners at a dog show!?

:p

I like the Malinois judge judging in heels, it felt so wrong for a working dog. Flat feet, straight fronts, flappy gaits, a couple had disconcertingly low tails and I even saw one tip tuck. I'm clearly bias for a working dog but a few were very nice, I liked the heads and rears, and a couple had great substance, the winning bitch has a herding title, I read on FB. None have bite sports but several had AKC sports which made me happy.

I haven't seen anything else.
Well the breed is supposed to have a low tail set :) Or do you mean they were tucking their tails?

The BOB Mal has a PT, as does her dam who is also a GrCH. Her sire is a CH MX MXJ. One of the two Selects has a HSAsc, his sire is CH CDX TD RN OA NAJ and his dam has a CH and CD. One of the Select Tervs is out of bitch who is a CH MACH3 CDX. "Just" being a MACH3 wasn't quite enough ;)

I'd love to watch the Belgians in breed judging, was nice to see some more variety entered in Mals. A good friend of mine took her Groen boy and while they didn't get anything I'd like to watch. And I want to see the PyrSheps too. But the site seems really glichy :/ Maybe later, I guess.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I said low and tip tucked. I have a dog who doesn't enjoy being touched, I still don't like seeing a tucked tail nor a low unsure tail. I'm not convinced some of those were merely correct tail settings, I've read the standard and my statement was based on temperament not structure. Like I said, some were nice looking dogs but some disappointed me, it's not an unfair critique, I'm sure they would slaughter my gay tailed donkey eared werkin dawgs. :)

Aleron

I said low and tip tucked. I have a dog who doesn't enjoy being touched, I still don't like seeing a tucked tail nor a low unsure tail. I'm not convinced some of those were merely correct tail settings, I've read the standard and my statement was based on temperament not structure. Like I said, some were nice looking dogs but some disappointed me, it's not an unfair critique, I'm sure they would slaughter my gay tailed donkey eared werkin dawgs. :)
That's why I asked if you meant tucked when you said low :) I can't really comment on the entry because I can't get the videos to work for me. I missed all the Belgians in group last night too. Gay tails are fairly common in the Belgians, Jagger is very proud of his ;)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
We watched it at work and while my coworker (with a show/French line mal) and I disagreed on excessive substance being ideal we both agreed that many looked to lead towards fear as opposed to caution. We weren't impressed with the feet and the fronts but they had some great rears and heads. There was one old tank of a male that we liked a lot, he was almost a vet and I think he may have won male, I would have to double check though, we were popping in and out of daytraining to watch it on the computer.

Red Chrome

I wasn't impressed with the GSDs at all. Herding breed people, herding breed. No way those dogs could herd well. Plus, the flat feet and low loose pasterns we're atrocious. Not to mention the way they moved. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I watched the PyrShep stream after the fact -- were all the dogs docked? I was surpised to see what looked like a couple smooth faces amongst them :) but then couldn't find a tail anywhere.

Granted I think 9 of the 10 dogs were from the same breeder
One dog was tailed. It was a rough faced fawn, I can't recall the number. I think there were at least three with natural ears. 2 smooth faced. I really loved the first one- so bouncy and full of it.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I wasn't impressed with the GSDs at all. Herding breed people, herding breed. No way those dogs could herd well. Plus, the flat feet and low loose pasterns we're atrocious. Not to mention the way they moved. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
Chyna picked up a herding title last fall, and for eight I think she's in pretty great shape. Then again maybe I'm biased because she's currently napping downstairs. :dunno: To each their own I suppose, I'm happy she was pulled in group as well, a great retirement show for her.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
One dog was tailed. It was a rough faced fawn, I can't recall the number. I think there were at least three with natural ears. 2 smooth faced. I really loved the first one- so bouncy and full of it.
I was watching it on a very tiny screen with poor resolution and it was stopping and starting to boot so didn't even want to guess on ears :). I'll have to look again once the show is over and (hopefully) the streaming video actually streams instead of hiccups.

Lyzelle

I know the breeder of the Mastiff BOB winner. Fantastic breeder, awesome dogs, but that particular one was sadly grossly overweight.

Not a huge fan of the Sibe's breeder, but at the very least they produce moderate dogs, so I'm not too torn up about the results.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I was watching it on a very tiny screen with poor resolution and it was stopping and starting to boot so didn't even want to guess on ears :). I'll have to look again once the show is over and (hopefully) the streaming video actually streams instead of hiccups.
I didn't catch the tailed dog until pretty late in the breed judging. Must've had it down for quite a bit of it.

crazedACD

I've been watching...I quite like that Foxhound that won group. Drool. The ACD wasn't too bad this year, though my opinion of a 'nice' ACD is different from the standard.

I must be getting really critical in my old age ;).. the more I watch conformation events, the more bothered I am by them. I won't be a total downer in this thread though (maybe we need a conformation thread).

Members online

No members online now.