Omg shoes!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I got my new VFFs yesterday and I never ever ever want to take them off ever, they're SOOO comfy!

I'm wearing them right now cleaning my room lol.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I have had my eyes on those for a while. Mandy, how do VFFs protect against hot surfaces? I am REALLY wanting a pair, but the cost and the fact that I don't know if my feet would burn in the heat concerns me.

Do you find them pretty true to size?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I have had my eyes on those for a while. Mandy, how do VFFs protect against hot surfaces? I am REALLY wanting a pair, but the cost and the fact that I don't know if my feet would burn in the heat concerns me.

Do you find them pretty true to size?
They have a Vibram rubber sole (though it's a thinner one) so I've never had an issue with hot pavement.

They have a measuring guide on the website and mine are spot on. They're a 40 mens and they're snug but not foot suffocating.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Grace, fro hot surfaces I'd definitely go with Komodosports or Komodosport LS - I have a paot of the regular Komodos and they're fantastic on hot pavement. I found the size chart very accurate. :)

RD

Are you dead yet?
What's the benefit of the LS over the normal velcro straps? I definitely want a pair of komodos now, but ouch @ the price... Hope they're durable.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
What's the benefit of the LS over the normal velcro straps? I definitely want a pair of komodos now, but ouch @ the price... Hope they're durable.
They say the LS accommodates a wider foot or higher instep if needed. I kind of just don't like velcro.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I don't like the LS versions... my Spyridons are LS (the only style they come in) and I wish they just had the straps.

I'll email you sales when I can, Grace. I'm part of a VFF mailing list that shares sales when they find them, and you can get great deals. Aryn got a pair of Komodosport LS for less than $90, plus free shipping. :)

Various sizes/pairs for $99 and free shipping:
http://www.kayakshed.com/vibram-five-fingers/vibram-five-fingers-womens-komodo-sport

Some sizes/colors only $76!
http://www.rei.com/product/820688/vibram-fivefingers-komodosport-ls-multisport-shoes-womens

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
They look awesome Mandy!!

Grace, I second what others have said - the KSO soles are soooo thin that they aren't so great on hot pavement (not ouchy, just too warm), but the thicker soles (KomodoSport, TrekSport) perform just fine! I prefer the thicker soles for everything except watersports anyway.

Saeleofu

I have KSOs and I've never had a problem on pavement, even on asphalt in 117 degrees last summer. You definitely can feel warmth, and it borders on hot at times, but it doesn't burn. I like that I can feel not only textures but also temperatures.

Members online

No members online now.