What Freudian Slips Actually Mean

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
???? I don't see how anyone can figure he was going THERE with that. it didn't even fit in with the sentence.

We know, we know the candidate Barack Obama, what he was like. The anti-war government nig- uh, the uh America was a source for division around the world.”
Government Nig---? doesn't make any sense.

i think it's people being over sensitive

I've often said "Just a sex" instead of just a sec (LMAO then I almost typed it just now) doesn't mean I'm all consumed with sex on the brain lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The last part of the sentence didn't fit with the rest. That sounds more like a desperate scramble and trust me, I mangle words like a champ. There are days when I want to scream from the sheer amount of spoonerisms passing my lips.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Has anyone accidentally called a teacher Mom before? .. oh god.. such a traumatizing moment in middle school for me!

It's not like we need the N word to know that guy is a imbecile anyway lol
it's plainly obvious in the totally deliberate things coming out of his mouth

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
The last part of the sentence didn't fit with the rest. That sounds more like a desperate scramble and trust me, I mangle words like a champ. There are days when I want to scream from the sheer amount of spoonerisms passing my lips.
This. ^ He's a prick, but that doesn't mean he's a racist prick based on what some people thought he started to say.
All I have to contribute is those who haven't yet, google the definition of "santorum." It's funny. :eek:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Or ended a phone call with a perfect stranger with "k love you too". Lol does that mean I subconsciously am in love with them? Lol

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Or ended a phone call with a perfect stranger with "k love you too". Lol does that mean I subconsciously am in love with them? Lol
I've done that.

No, I really didn't think that's what he said, for the reasons people have given (that and I really don't think he'd SAY that, no matter what I think of him). But its nice to have a scientific study to point to when people get all worked up about it!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I've done that.

No, I really didn't think that's what he said, for the reasons people have given (that and I really don't think he'd SAY that, no matter what I think of him). But its nice to have a scientific study to point to when people get all worked up about it!
that was a very interesting read and it makes a lot of sense that the mind cares more about speed than accuracy lol

my mom and step dad and I have a little thing we say at the end of a phone call. instead of "I love you" we say " A DOO DOO" it's just one of our quirks lol but OMG I almost say that to random people all the time :rofl1:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Oh god this one has gotten me so many times!! :rofl1::rofl1:

It's the worst when it's with someone I'm dating or something.. ugh then I have to be all "NO! NOT! I DIDN'T MEAN.. Um.. YEA. BYE!" lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh god this one has gotten me so many times!! :rofl1::rofl1:

It's the worst when it's with someone I'm dating or something.. ugh then I have to be all "NO! NOT! I DIDN'T MEAN.. Um.. YEA. BYE!" lol
yeah I've done that... usually it's "love you bye!" Then I hang up and immediately realize what I've just said and break into a cold sweat, because it's not like I can really call back and be like "NO WAIT I DON'T REALLY LOVE YOU. I MEAN I LIKE YOU. I JUST DON'T LOVE YOU. NOT SAYING NEVER JUST NOT RIGHT NOW. I MEAN MAYBE SOMEDAY BUT." there's just no recovering from that one. I just try to pretend it never happened...

Yah, Santorum says enough damning things on purpose -- no need to stretch that far ;)

Some slips are Freudian and some are just a case of having your tongue over your eye teeth and not being able to see what you're saying.

Red.Apricot

I've called a teacher mom, said I love you to strangers, told the ticket taker and waitress "You too!" when they tell me to enjoy my movie/meal, and called my boyfriend dad on the phone a couple times.

I don't think it means anything, other than I can be sort of dorpy sometimes.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I tell waiters to enjoy their meal too all the time. Then I feel stupid.

I also have a tendency to confuse 'thank you' and 'you're welcome'. Or just say them at totally inappropriate times.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I tell waiters to enjoy their meal too all the time. Then I feel stupid.

I also have a tendency to confuse 'thank you' and 'you're welcome'. Or just say them at totally inappropriate times.
"Hey how are you?"

"Nothing much. You?"

..every time.

"Hey whatcha up to?"

"Fine and how are you?"

GoingNowhere

Oh but don't we all! Another one - through all of my years of public school education, I would sometimes randomly find myself saying "amen" after the pledge of allegiance! oops.

I've also done the "love you" too many times to count and the "you too" when someone wishes me a happy birthday or something else that doesn't fit with the response!

and then there are the times when I instinctively say "sorry" after someone else bumps into me or steps on my foot or does something else accidentally TO me...

Members online

No members online now.