Thinking of Names

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I know this topic has gone through here alot but hey im excited lol.I have been sitting here trying to decided on wether im going to think of a name for my Malamute puppy now or wait until he gets here and I get to know his personality. I know the second option is better but there's things im getting for him and i need his name. So i don't know lol these are names im considering.

Jet
Tank (due to he's gonna be a big boy lol)
Spartan
Gangster (because he was the biggest of the litter and seemed the most dominent lol)
or
Hijack aka Jack

I don't know I know their kinda out there names in a way but i don't know im just thinking he's definatly gonna be a big boy and is so cute. Their doing Puppy pics soon and said i could get one so i will post it on here as soon as he gets his pic i think its gonna be in a week or so.

Anyways im open to suggestions or comments on my names.

Remember he's a black male Alaskan Malamute Puppy with a mask and white under side and insides of his legs and he has a cool designe on his chest. And he's meant to be a pet/sled dog.
If that helps at all name-sake lol.

NewYorker

Lhasa Lover
From the way you describe him my first thought was RAC as in raccoon from the mask, but wait til you have him home and give it a day or two ;)
Christine

josephine

sounds like a really beautiful dog..Wish i could afford to have so many dogs :(

Names:

you said hijack aka jack,what about Blackjack? lol

Gismo
Kosmo
Raven (since he has mostly black)
Slash
Nigel(latin for dark knight)
Sylvester,Sly lol (you said black and white)

Barb04

Super Moderator
I love the puppy pic! Tank sounds like a great name to me. Sounds like one of the guys in the Ultimate Fighting that my fiance loves to watch; I have to admit I watch it with him.

Question from my fiance: He heard that some malamutes can be as large as 150 pounds. Do you know of them getting this large?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
They can get large but not quite that big more like 85- 125 lbs. His dad who's name was Draco was the full 125 a very BIG boy but just like a big teddy bear. His mom who's name was Angel weighed around 110 lbs still a big girl and just as sweet.

I had to be very careful choosing who I would get my puppy from because these dogs are show dogs. And after becoming a popular breed with the AKC they started being bred more for size and just physical attributes rather then perfect health. And so many Alaskan Malamutes have developed hip problems which makes them unable to be sled dogs. But luckily the people I am getting him from do constant tests on all their dogs to make sure there is no such problem. Monday im going to the vet with them to make sure that my little boy is perfectly healthy and then in a couple weeks he can come home with me :).

I love those white eyebrows - for some reason it makes me think of Yeti - another good name for your list, lol!

And what good, sturdy feet and legs. Not only is he adorable, he looks like a very sound, strong puppy.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
lol yeah I'll add all thsoe names to the list.

"And what good, sturdy feet and legs. Not only is he adorable, he looks like a very sound, strong puppy."

Exactly thats why i picked him I feel I can't go wrong with him. I absolutly love his face its just so....."Sigh"

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
lol thats what my Niece says. She's always in absolute heaven when my brother brings her here and always says she wants to learn to mush and do what i do and i just find it really cute. She's 8 right now and I figured that when she's ten if she still wants to i could have her come here and "work" for me with the dogs and learn the trade.

I had a Siberian Husky named Denali. I love that name because it means strong and I think it would fit your little one. I also like the names Maximus (strong name), Achilles (can't be defeated), Hercules (Greece's greatest hero and strongest man alive...would go great for a strong dog), Morpheus (the God of dreams), Odysseus (Greek hero of Trojan War, can also call him Ody for short), Orion (I just like that name :p ), Titan (Huge and strong), and finally, Zeus (Supreme God of the Universe). If nobodys noticed...I love Greek and Roman mythology lol. I have my dog naming book bookmarked to that section and those are some of the ones I picked out that I like and think would fit your pup. I hope that helps you out! :)

Members online

No members online now.