Who Inspired You

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
My families allergies!! :D I couldnt of fallen into a more perfect breed for me though, so i guess it all worked out in the end.

My dad had a beagle growing up that he loved. And my favorite movie ever is Shiloh. So that kinda inspired me to love beagles.

GSD's? Honestly... we were gonna get a chocolate lab, but they were "too expensive" (300 in the paper as opposed to Chances $150) so we went to check out Chance, and then the parvo thing happened, then he ate my couch, and I have had to work with him so much it really got me to know the German Shepherds brain, and I could not be happier. And I dont think I will ever NOT have a GSD

mrose_s

BusterLove
RD's Eve sparked my interest in BC's. I always appreciated them for what they were but only wanted a kelpie. Now I think a BC would likely suit be better before I get a kelpie.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Border Collies. . .I've wanted one since I can remember. I met my first border collie when I was barely a toddler and the fever stuck. ;) Millie being a mix with the vast majority of BC traits made me want a purebred.

Papillons being another breed I want. . .well, Laur can take the blame for that. ;)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
hounds--my first family pet--a beagle named Bulldozer. He had such a love for people--and was such a goof!
Labs--never really liked the labs I knew as a child--grew up to understand that they were just not well trained dogs. A co-worker who has labs. made me want to know more about them--and in doing so I realized what a perfect family dog they can be. Traveler just confirmed that for me. Would love to have another lab when the time is right.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I am going to say my parents and the allergies we have in my family. I always had Westies growing up so I just fell in love with the breed. I dont think I will be ever without a Westie or a terrier.

My future breed the Cane Corso would be because of a guy on another forum that I belong to I just fell in love with the breed. I ended up doing lots of research on the breed and fell inlove more. I cant wait to get my CC <3

Lizmo

Water Junkie
RD's Eve sparked my interest in BC's.
^ this, too. :p

Talking for hours about everything with Grace really helped me alot. Plus, I figured that Lizzie was probably part Border Collie, so I was interested to learn more about them. Then, the trainer I went to for agility with Lizzie, also happened to be a huge Border Collie person with lots of working dogs. Now I'm stuck forever. :)

Papillons? Laur. Definitely to blame for that. :p

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I was raised with the Collies, and they give me everything I want.

For the AHT, Spud's breeder impressed me with sound, intelligent, tough little dogs that I could do things with, without the worry of dog aggression.

Pam111

No one in particular. I was always a "big dog" person and actually thought I disliked small dogs. I realized they were awesome, too, when I worked at the Humane Society. I just hadnt known many before that. When I was looking later, I chose small due to renting and it being easier to find places that allow them. I still want a large dog someday, too, though

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Border Collies. . .I've wanted one since I can remember. I met my first border collie when I was barely a toddler and the fever stuck. ;) Millie being a mix with the vast majority of BC traits made me want a purebred.

Papillons being another breed I want. . .well, Laur can take the blame for that. ;)
Too late to edit, so I'll add Summer and Mia especially. <3

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Well, we got the std. poodle because they're intelligent and wonderful and empathetic, and my mom is allergic to dogs (I wanted a greyhound, at the time :) ).

Daisy was one of my boyfriend's kenneled hunting dogs, the rest were beagles. I wanted a dog for my apartment in college, but wanted it to have a fallback plan if it didn't work out (I had roommates and it was my first dog that was "mine"). The basset just seemed like it would be easier to transition to being in the house than the beagles who were younger and more prone to wandering. Daisy has been my heart dog ever since.

The Plotts... well... the boyfriend wanted a coonhound, and after researching all 6 breeds, the Plott was just a little *different* from the rest (the only one not related to the English foxhound) and it turned out to be a perfect fit for us.

So no one really inspired me, except maybe the individual dogs ;)

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
We had a "something bully mix" growing up and he was my nanny dog. So I knew I always wanted to have a (at least) "pit bull" or a mix. T-Bone was just love at first sight and I don't think I could ever live without one. They have addicting personalities.

BostonBanker

Nobody, with Meg. I thought Mountain Cur was a made up breed when I first met her. Sometimes perfection just trips in to your life with no inspiration.

Despite a long-standing refusal to ever consider a BC (too traditional) or a small dog (too floofy), I have been fully inspired by the people I train with, some of whom have Cavaliers who completely turned my opinion of toy dogs on its head, and some of whom have border collies who display a whole lot of traits I love. The next dog will fit one of those two categories.

Members online

No members online now.