The Blinker Saga

SaraB

Figured I would keep a thread with all of Blink's progress while I have him. Little bit of a background story for those of you that missed it, he's a foster that I got off of craigslist last Thursday. I had seen his ad posted 3 months ago and when a new ad appeared for him last week, I couldn't stop my curiousity. I exchanged emails with his new owner and agreed to come out and do an evaluation on him. I had no intentions of bringing him home at the time, however when she came down the apartment stairs with all of his stuff packed into his crate and pretty much told him to take him, I couldn't resist. I asked if he played fetch at all, his owner had no idea, she's never attempted to play with him in the 3 months that she's had him. I grabbed a squeaky tennis ball and threw it down the hallway, Blink didn't even hesitate to run after it and brought it right back. I asked if we could take him on a one week trial, she didn't have a problem with that as she was working 16 hour shifts and Blinker had rarely been out of his crate. His neck was discolored and there was a skin infection from the heavy use of a bark collar.

Fast forward to this weekend, I realized pretty quickly that he was just going to be a foster. He's fun, toy and food motivated and ridiculously cute, but he lacks that hint of crazy that I desire in a performance dog. Basically, he isn't naughty enough. Someone has taken the time to teach him fantastic manners but in doing so, restricted his ability to take chances and to think for himself. I'm going to remedy that.

He fit in perfect at our house right away and has loved every single person he's met. He is very stable and adapts to situations with ease, I took him to the Twin Cities Pet Expo on Sunday and other than a few great danes and greyhounds, he didn't even bat an eye. I even got him to tug and chase a ball in that crazy environment!

He's going to be a fantastic fit in a active pet or a low pressure agility/disc dog home. So if anyone knows of that perfect home, please let me know. I am privately fostering this guy, so I don't have any help or advertisement! He is a 9 month old mini aussie/ACD mix, weighs 20lbs and is 16" tall. Please spread the word. :D

Here he is learning that it's fun to sit on the exercise ball!

xpaeanx

I heart him so much! I wish I could steal him and take him on my spring/summer hikes and play on my backyard agility course. /sigh.

I am keeping my fingers crossed he does end up with someone on the board, because I am seriously crushing on this dog! I want to keep seeing him around!!!

You're awesome for doing this.

Maybe make a quick FB page about him? It's easy to share then. Or maybe you did something like that and I missed it.

SaraB

Here are a couple videos from the Pet Expo! The first one doesn't show all the people and dogs that were standing/walking through our area but I was really impressed by him wanting to play there!

[YOUTUBE]ymsGYTgIld8[/YOUTUBE]

Second one shows a little bit of disc work. He was having a hard time focusing on that floor but I did get him engaged a bit. Oh and this was his second time seeing discs ever (first was for literally 1.5 minutes in the snow. LOL)

[YOUTUBE]0k-pw5EhSGM[/YOUTUBE]

SaraB

He is so precious! Poor guy though, he definitely needed you!
He just needed a net to catch him. I asked his old owner if she wanted him back after I decided not to keep him, offered to keep him and find a home. She didn't want him back, figured it was best to stay with me until his forever home is found. I'm not complaining. :D

Katem

I love how he prance-stomped after the disc. Too darn cute, who ever gets him is going to be so lucky.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Man...if I could have another dog and he was a female, I'd take him in a heartbeat! Prefect size and he sounds fantastic.

Unfortunately, my coworkers husband didn't like his bobbed tail. So that's a no go

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Man...if I could have another dog and he was a female, I'd take him in a heartbeat! Prefect size and he sounds fantastic.

Unfortunately, my coworkers husband didn't like his bobbed tail. So that's a no go
Aww his tail is my fav part! Why did I watch those videos? *somuchwant*

k9krazee

And since crossbone is the awesome.... you should adopt him. ;)

Well I don't want to house ALL the awesome ;) I think someone else on Chaz should experience the joys of a mini herder!

Crossbone would totally love a brother or sister someday-- especially a dog like Blinker!!--but we can only be a two dog household and I have my heart set on a baby puppy in the future. I do totally love Blinker and if I didn't have a husband who is rational and realistic I would be taking a road trip to Minnesota! ;)

SaraB

Well I don't want to house ALL the awesome ;) I think someone else on Chaz should experience the joys of a mini herder!

Crossbone would totally love a brother or sister someday-- especially a dog like Blinker!!--but we can only be a two dog household and I have my heart set on a baby puppy in the future. I do totally love Blinker and if I didn't have a husband who is rational and realistic I would be taking a road trip to Minnesota! ;)
And you were a one dog household before that.... ;)

Members online

No members online now.