The Komondor

Kayota

What can you tell me about Komondors? :) I have a sudden interest in them after seeing the cutest/most hilarious pic of one jumping a hurdle! Any websites etc you can provide are most welcome

Hillside

Original Twin
I don't know much about them, BUT I do know the picture you are talking about and the dog's name is Yago. (Or is it Jago?)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
From the little I know, they are a hard dog. They are an LGD and will act accordingly. Not a breed for inexperienced owners.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Livestock Guardian Dog.
They were bred to protect livestock from threats like coyotes, wild dogs, etc.

K

Kela

They have a coat like a poodle. That is the difference that grooming can make. It is very high maintenence even after it is corded. Cording is difficult and once that is done, maintaining the cords is also very difficult. Drying after a bath is a long process!

Curly fur like theirs is carefully allowed to form into those cords that you see, which are essentially dredlocks (big long carefully created mats!) Poodle fur will do the exact same thing if you allow it to and is an acceptable way to keep a coat.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
OT, but I LOVE the look of corded poodles. If I ever had a standard and the knowledge/time to keep it corded, I definitely would.

K

Kela

Mine is JUST starting to go through coat change, so in a few months I could be doing it, lol. I've never had a corded one before...it would be interesting...

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.

Members online

No members online now.