Pics from the animals of Katrina

IlUvMyAnImAlZ05

Cats&Dogs r what I live 4
Awww....I'm so happy that i see alot are still alive and in shelter!!! But the ones still out should be rescued soon hopefully! I would think if someone taking the pic. of a dog thats sitting on a porch would recue the animal or find help.
It's so sad! New Orleans is totally destroyed! Are there any evacuees from New orleans on this?
Mandy

Fran27

Someone on another site posted a video of dogs being shot there... I didn't dare watching, it breaks my heart thinking that security is shooting the dogs though...

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
What Fran?? Are you serious? That is so so so wrong..wow who on God's given Earth would do that? I mean come on who would want to shoot a dog,cat,horse, etc. THAT IS SO WRONG AND IT PISSES ME OFF TO KNOW THAT SOME @$$HOLE WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Video: Katrina Dog Rescue after 30+ days

I wanted to post a link to a "happy" video:
http://www.donrudolph.net/movie.wmv showing how terrific this pitbill looked after being locked in a bathroom for 30 days before rescue. I wish all Katrina pets had such a happy ending... but we are so very grateful to find any as lucky as this sweet guy in the video... it gives so much hope!

Many of the rescue folks still remain doing rescue work in NO/LA are
posting to each other, on this pet rescue board:

http://www.nola.com/forums/animals/index.ssf?initial=true

These rescue folks have worked in different areas during the rescue, and do a wonderful job at comparing "notes" on where each animal may have been sent after rescue... and doing the very best they can for owners looking for their pets.

If you, or someone you know is looking for a pet, please visit the NOLA pet rescue forum (link above) if you have not found your pet, and I hope and pray all pets & owners will be reunited soon!

Ash47

Taco Dog
Thanks for those links JRT! We need some uplifting news in these times. We need to focus on the positive that is being done, which is a lot!

Members online