One Week Later....

StillandSilent

I haven't been able to give any updates on the foster dog, Mr. Rogers. I've renamed him Neon and he's, well, yeah.
When we met at the shelter, and I talked to the staff, everyone seemed to think that his main problem was a lack of training, and that someone was firm and consistant with him, the nipping would go away. After a week of solid firm work, it is much reduced.
But I'm dealing with a very, very fearful dog. Apparently he considered the shelter and everyone in is his territory, so he was very outgoing and confident there. Once I took him from that and put him in a home situation, he melted down. He hides behind me whenever he is approached, and dislikes strangers. He's going to be a lot of work.
But, there is a silver lining. He is smart, motivated and very cute. He housebroke in just a few days, doesn't bark much, and gets along well with Argon. I already taught him sit, down, roll over and shake hands.
Much to my utter shock, Argon loves being a big brother. He plays with Neon, likes going for walks with him, and took to this whole thing a million times better than I thought he would. Of course, the boys are never left alone together, but I'm very proud. Argon even shared a dirty tennis ball (you know, a prized possession for dogs) with Neon at the dog park.
Neon is already making improvements, and is much more confident when he has Argon to lean on in public (Argon, the better socialized dog- Who'd of thunk? :rofl1: )
I've had a little interest in him, but the right home hasn't come yet. I anticipate having him for at least another two months, but hopefully he will find his new home for Thanksgiving.
I'm trying to get some nice photo's, hopefully tomorrow when I can get him out in the sun.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
OK, not trying to give you toooo much peer pressure, but are you in a place for another doggeh? lol.. Argon sounds likehe's in love! lol..

Im glad things are coming along smoothly. Its too bad hes so fearful :(

Thracian

I'm glad he and Argon are getting along so well. Can't wait to see pics and hear more about his progress. Sounds like you're just the right person to help him.

Members online

No members online now.