Need advice about bruno (aggression)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedwig

i hope it works. i cant do any more then that. his best chance is with a trainer who knows what they are doing.

Im trying to do whats best for him. i would be selfish to keep him, because i would be doing more damage then good.

I find it comforting in a way you have so much faith in me to be able to do it but i cant see any other way out of this.

in the long run its certainly better this way, even if he didnt have aggressive problem the life i lead is not suitable for a dog

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It's always better to have a potentially dangerous dog, (which Bruno is, I can't sugarcoat that) in the right hands than to keep him and muck things up through good intentions. Not everybody is suited for everydog.

A

Angel Chicken

And angel im going to be homeless in 3 monthes time so it really doesnt matter if i want him or not
It doesn't matter, huh?

You are his owner. The one that cares for him, plays with him, loves him. He LIVES for you. He would do anything for you.

But it doesn't matter! You don't want him? Why?

Edited by me... I need to stop here, before I let this get my feathers in a ruffle.

hedwig

It was a matter of speaking love. I would die if it ment for him to live. it goes with out saying.

Im giving him up BECAUSE i love him.

Or would you rather he be a stray just like his owner?

you cant take out insurance with no address so what if he got hit by car and injured?
Is it fare to ask a dog so much as to join me on the streets? it would be selfish

hedwig

I got him when i was in a relationship with my boyfriend. been together a while etc.

then he started cheating on me and left me to care for mine AND his dog, while he was with other girls and letting me pay all the bills.

I wasnt gt to put up with that. When i got him i thought i could handle it, as there was two of us to tackle the problem

A

Angel Chicken

Or would you rather he be a stray just like his owner?
Is it fare to ask a dog so much as to join me on the streets? it would be selfish
If it meant having my BEST friend and companion with me, then yes. With me, whether it is the streets or is a 2 million dollar condo... she has a home, forever with me. She belongs nowhere else.

A

Angel Chicken

Sorry but i find that cruel and selfish. what sorta life is that for a dog. And an aggressive dog at that.

its no life for a dog
Do you think he'd be happier being pampered or staying with the one person he loves?

Bah-- forget it. Good luck with Bruno. Hopefully his next home will be his forever home.

Hedwig, I just read this whole thread, and wanted to wish you luck. I'm glad that you did find some help for Bruno. I think he'll turn out just fine!!!

I too am a first time dog owner with a fearful dog. Lucky for me she doesn't seem to have an aggressive bone in her body so it was a lot easier for me. The people on this site gave WONDERFUL advice (as I believe they did for you as well) and my dog Maggie is turning into a wonderful pet. I'm finding that the people here are MOST concerned with the well-being of dogs, and not as much with YOUR problems (until they get to know ya I think.) So I think this site is perfect for advice as long as YOU want what's best for your dog (which might not necessarily be what's best for you, but you accepted the responsibility for your dog when you adopted him, even if he wasn't what you had in mind as your loyal companion. If you adopt a child, you don't give it back because of behavior problems or because you split up or any other reason, I think the same should go for adopting a dog. People take the responsibility way too lightly these days :/)

Anyway, I am in NO way looking down on you - I know it can be hard and there is really no way to prepare yourself for having a dog prior to having a dog. You can read all the books in the world, hang out with other people's dogs all you want, it doesn't matter - you have no clue what to REALLY expect until you actually have a dog. All you have to be prepared for is to have LOTS of patience and the desire to do what's best. That's my opinion.

That being said - again, I'm glad you're getting Bruno some help with that behaviorist. I hope Bruno ends up making someone a wonderful pet!!

hedwig

Im going to scream in a min, or cry either way! no my own dad doesnt wanta see me, keeps making excuses not to see me!

i only just met him aswell. should a just stayed away from the stupid f-fing git! i hate him!

bubbatd

Hedwig ..... you need to settle your emotions and take a deep breath . Really , I feel this thread is over . A done deal . You are getting help with/for Bruno ..... so move on with you life . I wish you well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online