Do ferrets actually smell bad?

Kase

Since Calis and Littlefoot died I missed having other animals. Previously I've had 5 rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters and now I have the cats and Casey but would love another animal. I would ideally LOVE to have a ferret and have been trying to talk to my parents into it. They wont budge on the matter though as everyone they talk to says ferrets smell VERY badly, I was just wondering if that was the case? They seem like such a prefect pet!

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
they have a smell. but dont stink.
if you give them a bath they will stink! it washes off thier natural oils and causes them to make three times more..
and the oils are what is stinky

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
depends on you!
to me no, not at all.
and remember they make perfectly safe cologne if you dont like the smell.

Kase

depends on you!
to me no, not at all.
and remember they make perfectly safe cologne if you dont like the smell.
Ok cool! It's not me that will have a problem I mean Casey does have a doggy smell about her compared to some dogs and I don't mind it at all, its just my parents. I'll be sure to tell them about the cologne.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
and remind them that they are highly litter box trainable, where you can dump the box everyday. so there will not be a pee or poop smell since you can just go dump the box when its poopy

Kase

Thankyou :). I do to but its a big no at this moment in time, I'll work on it though lol.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
maybe you should go look up some info and ferret smell. and get them to read this thread.

ferrets at petstores stink! because they are usually in an enclosure with ten more, and not litter box trained, and the enclosure has poor ventalation! of course they stink at a petstore.

how do your parents know they stink? most people are constantly bathing them, causing them to stink worse!

Kase

maybe you should go look up some info and ferret smell. and get them to read this thread.

ferrets at petstores stink! because they are usually in an enclosure with ten more, and not litter box trained, and the enclosure has poor ventalation! of course they stink at a petstore.

how do your parents know they stink? most people are constantly bathing them, causing them to stink worse!
They don't know, thats what I don't understand. They don't sell them in any pet shops I've been in so I've never had the chance to show them one. I'm really trying to make them see but its so hard because all their friends tell them that they stink :rolleyes:.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
My parents are the same way. :rolleyes: I want a ferret SO bad! But my parents say NO because of their odor. My dad did say if we get our own house that he'd think about it though. :D My dad's a pastor, and we live in a parsionage attached to the church, and my dad says we can't have the Chruch smelling bad...:(

Kase

My parents are the same way. :rolleyes: I want a ferret SO bad! But my parents say NO because of their odor. My dad did say if we get our own house that he'd think about it though. :D My dad's a pastor, and we live in a parsionage attached to the church, and my dad says we can't have the Chruch smelling bad...:(
It sucks doesnt it :(.

Definitely grrr at parents lol.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
lol! I agree. Double Grr. :D My dad likes them, but he's just afraid that if we get one here, that someone will complain about the smell, and he know's I'd never give it up. :p Hopefully we'll have the money to build a nice big house soon (although i doubt it :(), and we can have one!!! :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thank you!!! :) I hope so too, but I doubt it, as it'll probably be a few years before my parents even BEGIN to think about getting a house. Of course, they DO think about it, but they can't REALLY think about it, because it's impossible at this moment. I doubt we even have enough money to dig out the foundation. :D But maybe someday! If not, I'm definately getting one when I'm in my own place. ;) I hope you get one tooooooo! :D

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
ask your parents if you can foster one!
there are usually ferrets at human societies. you can foster, and if it doesnt work out you dont have to adopt it, just bring it back to the shelter.
fostering is a great idea! thats what i did with mine. because i was unsure if i had time for them and if my allergies would stay at bay.

Members online

No members online now.