Diarhea...vets appt tomorrow

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Poor baby. when my bronki was so ill i felt so bad for him. I Hope she isn't going to be uncomfortable long. I have experienced more then one receptionist like that.grrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe you can all around for some second opinions, I wish i could remember what type of hookworm it was that Charlie had. What ever it was it didn't respond the way they were suppose to. He was the sickest little puppy, at one point my vet didn't think he was going to pull through. I was just a teenager so that was way too long ago to recall the details.

L

LabBreeder

poor Charlie...:( glad he's better now! :)

i dunno what the deal is with her. she's starting to get picky about eating the rice. she just wants the meat out of it and pushes the rice around with her nose. lol
she's only pooped once today...that was the squishy turned watery one. other than that, she's just pee'd. maybe she's stopping up or firming up finally...guess i won't know til she poops again.

L

LabBreeder

we had a firm, full b.m. approximately 5 minutes ago!!! the first one in 6 days! i'm so happy...YAY!!! :D

hopefully it'll last!

Julie

I am back again.
Sorry I have been gone since yesterday morning.
There are several combos with fenbendazole and others.
Just going by memory..Lol I think maybe drontel or something. I would have to do a search.
It also sounds to me the hooks were causing the runs. (Since she had a solid bowel movement.)

I wouldn't combine any meds from home and vet prescribed.
Just follow the vet directions for the dewormer he/she gave you.
Although I thought I remember you saying pyrantel pamoate IS the dewormer the vet gave you. That is why I said it seemed unusual to give that particular dewormer for three days in a row.
Now that it is something else.........I would do a search and see what that particular dewormer is for and any info on it.

But anyway..........I figured she would straighten up a couple days after the dewormer. Those hooks are bad for runs and blood in stool.

L

LabBreeder

guess that's what it was then. she had her first solid last night (previous post) and another one today. i'm still giving her rice/turkey for now. i guess i'll reintroduce her dog food starting monday, a little at a time, as long as she stays firm over the weekend.

thanks for everyone's help....especially your advice julie, it really helped :)

L

LabBreeder

still solid!!! hopefully the hookworm drama is over...for good! i don't ever wanna have to see my baby going through almost a week of the runs because of a stupid WORM

Members online