Is My Spayed Dog Still Experiencing the Desire to Mate?

My little dog is fixed and she has been for many years. However, when I got her, I was in a relationship with a guy who was against spaying and neutering and I was really young and went along with this. We had two dogs at the time and she would go into heat and the boy would try to mate with her, and their sizes were so different they couldn't mate. I didn’t' like this and thought it was cruel so I got them fixed as soon as I could. The boy would skin up his stomach trying to get under the door to where she was. And when they got together they couldn't do anything. I hated it.

Well, anyway the other night, she started squealing. Usually when she senses another dog outside, she barks, but this time she was squealing like she knew someone outside and her tail went up like she was in heat again. It was only a brief stint and when I went to the window, I didn't see a dog out there, but lots of them roam the neighborhood all the time, so I think there probably was one, but is it possible that she still wants to mate sometimes even though she's spayed?

Barb04

Super Moderator
We adopted a female that was around 3 years old and spayed her then. She still wants to get frisky at times.

Members online

No members online now.