Collar Addicts -- Enter Here ;) Post pictures.

JacksonsMom

I have an official problem. Please tell me I'm not alone.

I did a lot of cleaning and organizing tonight and in the process, organized all of Jackson's stuff.

Decided it's absolutely ridiculous how many things he has. :lol-sign:

Here's just his collar collection....

These are most of his "puppy" and cheap collars. He wore the red bones one and the blue stripey-looking one from Petsmart for most of his first year. They really smell and I probably should just throw them out... they went though water, mud, blizzards and all kinds of crap, also are fading. The Harley Davidson black one he pretty much wore exclusively for a while, then I got addicted to collars... :rolleyes: Two of those were only $1 and the rest were all under, like, $7, I think.

His 'nicer' collars. All from etsy sellers except the Ella's Lead.

Holiday collars. I love the first one with the pumpkins on it and the brighter orange but it always seemed to bulky on him so he didn't even really wear it. The 2nd was from the $1 bin at Target (he wore it all of October) and the third Christmas collar sucks, I hated it, hard to adjust, too bulky, so yeah he never wore it.

Anddd... bandanas. Now most of these are from the groomer that I've kept (she always puts one on him after being groomed) but a few holiday ones I bought cheap.

Fetching Tags.

Let's not even bring up the 2 Puppia harnesses, the leather Choke-Free harness, his nylon step in harness, or his coats and shirts for the winter either. Luckily, I'm not bad with clothes. He's only got two winter jackets and a few funny t-shirts.

Sooo... I know there was a thread like this in the past. Please make me feel more sane. A Paco Collar and Collar Mania is hopefully on my soon-to-be list.

*raises hand* My name is Brittany and I am a collar-a-holic.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Hi, I'm Erin and I'm a collar-a-holic, too. I have so much dog gear that I will have to take pics tomorrow of it all - not enough light/time tonight! :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I am a broke collar-a-holic :(

Frodo hasn't had a new collar in almost a YEAR! I just rotate now between his green with blue sea turtles collar and his steel grey collar, with his collar mania collar on for special occasions :p
If I had money...I'd be dangerous.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh, I love this thread. Darn all you collar people and talking in the Fancy Collars thread. Now I totally want a Vegan collar in teal and like 3 CM collars that could be switched between Blaze and Lizzie.

Oh. And that Fetching Tag.....I'm doomed.

Now. Post more pictures! :p

Saeleofu

I has no way to post peektures at the moment. But I too am a collar addict. I can't even remember how many collars my guys have.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I am totally collar addicted - I don't have a ton (yet), but a fair amount I think for a dog under a year of age who never wears collars unless she's out in public!

Quinn's first collar - still have it!

Quinn's second collar - just a Petsmart one.

Her Christmas one. Speaking of holidays, she also has a cute Canada Day bandana, but no pictures.

Then she got a turquoise Rogz one.

Then her Collarmania collars. The zebra one was a mistake - she mixed up the order. The correct one came soon after. It's turquoise nylon with a zebra nylon lining, with Quinn's name and our phone number embroidered in black. The zebra one is the same only the two nylon colors are reversed. Dally's currently wearing the zebra one and has got it totally filthy, which bums me out because it was so adorable before.

Then I think her Ella's Lead came next. This picture was taken in awful, low light and does not do it justice!

Then her Dogit collar - just a cheapie but I LOVE this collar. It's so soft and light (others would say flimsy, LOL) - perfect for just carrying tags in the summer and when she's in the water. I can't find a picture of it anywhere, but it's this print but the background is an orangey yellow and the flowers are pink.

She currently has two in the mail!

Her Ravenclaw one from Ella's Lead

And a martingale - no pictures, but it's with this fabric with a baby pink satin lining.

I also have my next two Ella's Lead orders all planned out. Next month I'll probably be ordering a tan leather one with brass hardware, super girly with turquoise rhinestones and stuff. The one after will be a more masculine cognac leather one with a cutting horse concho, with some amber rhinestones that will match both Quinn and my future boydog.

She also has a turquoise Kong harness, and a seafoam Mendota slip lead if that counts! Oddly enough we don't have many tags - just a Petsmart one and her rabies one that is on a Rubit clip that gets attached to whatever collar she's wearing that day. She also has a beautiful one from the English Shepherd Club that came with her papers, with their logo of an ES and a lamb on the side, but I don't use it 1) because it is so nice and 2) because the engraving isn't very deep and I'd hate to wear it out. I just made her a brass plate at work though that I'm hoping to put on a plain, flat leather collar if I can find one that I like.

eta: Almost forgot, my mom just got both Quinn and Dally light up collars for when they're out at night! No pictures though.

Saeleofu

who never wears collars unless she's out in public!
That's the sad part. Mine never wear collars unless we go somewhere. I do put collars on when we go outside since I've been dogsitting in the middle of nowhere...in the exact same location Gavroche was found as a stray. Just in case ;) I actually used it as an excuse to buy more collars...I got leather ones with their names and my phone number burned into them. They were only $9 each so of course they're not the finest quality leather, but they do what I need them to do. Gavorche's is green and Logan's is red. Gavroche's PERFECTLY matches his Ella's slip lead. I swear I get an eyegasm every time I see the combo lol. The bad part is since it's cheapy dyed leather the green comes off on his coat every time it gets wet...or slobbery. But oh well lol.

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
Lots of stuff for Jackson. Cool :D
Haha trust me, i am not surprised and you r not alone in this (i am a nut case here myself) - the malts also have a huge collection of stuff. It is a mess at some corners at home. I need to organise them. Once i do, i will post pictures.
Hey btw, thanks for posting the two fetching tags being side by side ;) i went for size tiny already. Just wanting for it to be shipped now :D

JacksonsMom

I LOVE Quinn's collection! She looks fabulous in turquoise and she always looks just amazing in the Ella's Lead collar. I'd say she's got a great collection ;)

I think I am going to go with a cat collar from Paco Collars for Jackson. I really don't like leather to be too thick, the Ella's Lead one she made for Jackson is the perfect size. I think it's 5/8" wide but it's just the perfect fit. I love the tattoo one I got (with his name painted on it) but it's just kinda big so he ends up not wearing it alot. Plus the hardware is a tad large too and getting the tags on/off is a pain.

So anyways... thinking about this one from Paco:

Le Cheat - Leather Cat Collar - Paco Collars
What do you think for Jackson?

Saeleofu

My only concern with a cat collar would be that you can't use a leash with it. If you don't use a leash with a collar anyway (I'm thinking you usually use a harness?) then it's nothing to worry about.

But anyway, I do love that pattern :)

kady05

Ha, I'm a collar addict.. and my dogs don't wear their collars unless we're out to.

Wilson's..

All from Collar Mania,

This one is from the Collar Shop,

And Ella's Lead,

Pipers, I actually just sold a couple of her old ones that I never put on her any more.

All from Collar Mania,

Collar Shop,

She has another one from there, it's a deep red with cherry blossoms on it, will have to get a picture!

And her Ella's Lead,

kady05

And this is Sako's from Collar Mania, which is all he has currently.. I never buy them too many collars til they stop growing!

And our Vegan tester collar from Ella's Lead, that both Wilson & Piper wear :)

Chewbecca

feel the magic
My only concern with a cat collar would be that you can't use a leash with it. If you don't use a leash with a collar anyway (I'm thinking you usually use a harness?) then it's nothing to worry about.

But anyway, I do love that pattern :)
Yes you can.
The ONLY cat collar you CANNOT use a leash with is one with a breakaway buckle.
Paco's (and a few other leather cat collar makers) use elastic to make their leather collars more safe to be worn for cats.

I had that style of cat collar for my mom's cat. It's cute but narrow for a dog. I don't know that it'll show up well on Jackson. You might want to see if they can make it a hair wider for him, like, 5/8" or 3/4". Heck, 1/2" might even be wide enough.
That one there is only 3/8" which is perfect for small cats. :D

Dekka

Just try me..
The zebra one is the same only the two nylon colors are reversed. Dally's currently wearing the zebra one and has got it totally filthy, which bums me out because it was so adorable before.
Laura and I say you need some amaze hun. It's in a box in the laundry aisle at walmart. Soak collars, maybe scrub a little later. Stuff comes clean again including our collars.

JacksonsMom

Yes you can.
The ONLY cat collar you CANNOT use a leash with is one with a breakaway buckle.
Paco's (and a few other leather cat collar makers) use elastic to make their leather collars more safe to be worn for cats.

I had that style of cat collar for my mom's cat. It's cute but narrow for a dog. I don't know that it'll show up well on Jackson. You might want to see if they can make it a hair wider for him, like, 5/8" or 3/4". Heck, 1/2" might even be wide enough.
That one there is only 3/8" which is perfect for small cats. :D
Thanks!!

Yes, 3/8" might be too tiny. I really love the one you made for Jackson which I believe was 5/8" so maybe I will see what they can do.

Also, yeah, he's never walked on a collar, pretty much. An occasional quick potty trip but other than that, always harnesses, and he doesn't pull either. It's more just for decoration and tags :D

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Oh, good idea! You know what, I think we might even have some Amaze around the house already. That will be my project for the day! :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I don't have photos of all of ours, but here's what I have

This is the collar Bamm was wearing when I first adopted him. It's his main play collar

His Poseidon Wiggles, Wags & Whiskers collar. Got this one at a Pet Expo

Close up of that same collar

His Flintstone collar from Maxfox. I love this one because it's SO Bamm Bamm

Bamm's Collar Mania collar

Showing off his Collar Mania collar and his Ella's Lead leash

Bamm also has this collar

We used to have this red collar, but it got destroyed when a friend's puppy literally chewed the collar off of Bamm's neck, ugh. Also... we have a red tab leash that's attached in this pic

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
We also used to have this rolled leather collar and I donated it to a rescue when I had to downsize collars... I want another one

I don't have very much for Cricket yet and unfortunately I'm broke so it'll probably be a little while before I start adding more collars to my collection unless my parents get them collars for my birthday.

Cricket has a pink petco collar, pink harness and a pink leash...

For bandanas we have this skull one

We also have a red one and a black one and another one that has lady bugs and shamrocks on it. I don't know that I have photos of those ones though.

Bamm has a jacket for the winter and I know I have pics, but for the life of me I can't find them right now. Also. I have another collar from Maxfox that I have pics of somewhere and can't find those either. I'll either look for them or take more pics and post them later.

Oh ya... Bamm says that since we're talking about addictions... he wants you to know he has another addiction....

If I had discretionary income I'd be dangerous with Kharma and Tallulah. Bimmer's got such a huge ruff that nothing that wouldn't annoy him really shows. He's such a nudist, lol.

I'd never have to carry a purse again :D

But I have something in mind for Kharma for Becca to design for me :D And I'd love to have one of Jen's, too. https://sites.google.com/site/firstdogcustomleather/home I've been a fan of her work for a long time.

Members online