Contest # 2: The Great Hotdog Retrieve

Kayla

Ok since it was brought up in another thread as to what you can train your dog to do using a clicker, whose up for a second contest?

The rules are simple, on film, get your dog to retrieve a full hotdog, bring it back to you either to your hand or at your feet and leave it, without eating it!

I think because this is more complex we should have a minimum of two weeks but perferably maybe three.

We won't start this contest until contest 1- train your dog to close a door is over this teusday and I'm thinking sometime around August 8-10th we could close it.

Sign up by replying to this thread and will also need some volunteer judges to watch the video's who aren't competiting.

Me and Duke are in.

Kayla

Lissa

Dodger used to be able to this as a puppy but its not something I've kept up.... sounds like fun!!;)

Are there any bonus points for training multiple dogs to do the trick? (Not for me....but I suspect I know a member or two that could do it)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I think maybe I'll attempt it, and videotape all of the sessions. Could be quite entertaining, though I have no hope for actually getting one of them to do it.

Kayla

Are there any bonus points for training multiple dogs to do the trick? (Not for me....but I suspect I know a member or two that could do it)
For sure anyone who trains more then one dog gets a super round of applause and Duke will give you a kiss through the computer screen to brighten up your day. I am very excited to see what different people try, I'm a little unsure where to start but it should be tons of fun none the less.

Dekka- would you like to be our honour judge since your dog can already do the trick?

So just to recap the contest officially starts tommorow, teusday July 22nd and will close August 10th sound good?

Kayla

xpaeanx

yeah... I can't even walk BY with a hotdog w/o my dogs licking their lips and staring at me trying to hypnotize me! "give the dog the hotdog, give the dog the hotdog, give the dog the hotdog, your arms are getting very heavy, very heavy, give the dog the hotdog, give the dog the hotdog...." LOL

Kayla

I never trained it. I was thinking of seeing if I could get Kaiden to do it.
Ah ok then prehaps not, so the position of honour judge still remains open, not that anyone will come in first just that I think we need someone who is outside of the competition to view the vids and declare who successfully completed and who came amazingly close.

Kayla

Ok so just to remind everyone Contest #2: The Great Hotdog Challenge is officially open!

Try and capture your dog on video ( or by photography sequence) leaving your side, picking up a hot dog, and bring it back to you ( can either drop it at your feet or into your hand whichever)

Contest Closes August 10th, no prize just for fun.

Good luck everyone.

Kayla

A

Angel Chicken

Count me in.

By the way... this one is gonna be tough for me. Kona's fave treat is a hotdog!

Members online

No members online now.