What is your dog's name??? What breed is he/she??? What does he/she look like???

TOP_dog

Dog Crazy
I am getting a Goldendoodle girl (Golden Retriever/Poodle). It will look like a Golden Retriever that doesn't shed as much, is healther, and is smarter. It doesn't have a name yet. Also, if you have name suggestions, please feel free to list them below!!! :D

Saje

Island dweller
Top dog this isn't a chat room. People reply in their own time when they stop by. We do have a chat room. You can look for people their if you want an instant reply.

Saje

Island dweller
Ok. Well, this is a forum. People will reply when the get a chance.

Rose's Gal

Ok, I'll reply, but it probably won't be what you want to hear.
It will look like a Golden Retreiver that doesn't shed as much, is healthier, and is smarter.
That, IMO, is a piece of Bull. Goldendoodles are by no means smarter than a pure Golden or a Poodle. They are smart, but so is my cat, so is my Lab/Rottie mix, so is my All American Mutt, so is my Grandma's Schnauzer, so is my friend's Golden, so is my neighbors Husky/GSD mix........
And Goldendoodles aren't "hypoallergenic" either. And depending on how the cross turned out, it might just shed as much as a normal Golden. They don't have fixed genes, so they don't have a fixed coat type either.
And the piece about it being healthier is a peice of bull too. There is no such thing as hybrid vigor when it comes to a cross bred dog. If the breeder bred an unhealth-tested Golden with an unhealth-tested Poodle, ya know what? Unhealthy puppies will result.
Goldendoodles are either bred by BYBs or Puppymills. No reputable breeder would even think of breeding these crosses when so many healthy, nonshedding, smart mutts are dying in shelters. Just my .02.

(BTW, Blackie is black and is a Lab/Rottie mix. Rose is brindle, and is a Lab/Rottie/GSD/ACD mix.)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
plus it is sunday.and most of the forum is not around,home having lovely sunday dinners..spending time away from their puters ,cept me I have no social life so i am always here. :rolleyes: but i will start so u will be happy (and chill out)
Victor is an english pointer
Mary is a labrador/pointer cross

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Here is the great Mr.Shaffer..the woki (i used to call him a chewbacca talking dog but stand corrected by a star wars buff) he is a stray mutt that i share care of with my Mother. This was taking the first few days that he came..u can see how thin he is by the absense of muscle in his front legs. We have been feeding him 3 times a day and he is little by little beginning to bulk up. When i gave him his bath last night i felt a little bit thicker everywhere i scrubbed..so he is coming around. He no longer acts like a 90 yr old man..but he also isn't as active as he should be.

Attachments

Last edited:

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I also go with everything said before
Akara- female
Tracker- male
Shaker- male
Nera- female
Buck- Male
Harley- Male
Roxy- female
Monty- male
Star- female
Angel- female
Iris- female
Hitch- Male
Pheonix- Male
Baby- Female
and finally Stinker- male
those are all my siberian huskies

Noah- male
Bright- female
Shady- female
Rooney- male
Couger- male
Heart- male
Sweetie- female
and finally Rajah- male
those are my Chins

Pakak My alaskan Malamute - male

Pitbulls
Zeus- male
Tundra- female
Babe- female

Mutt
Maxis- male

Almost all my dogs are in my album if you want to see them. All the Chins look about the same golden or tricolor coat some have upright ears some have floppy ears.

Also alot of them are in my sig below

bubbatd

How about calling her by whatever you decide? Want a cutesy name like Gopoo...Is this a pup from a golden and a poodle or from a breeder of 3rd generation Goldenoodles ? If the later, you could incorporate sire and dams name....kennel name. If the first, this is just a cross breed and you could call her Retrififi . I have a golden retriever named Hawthorn Hill's Chip of Bubba AKC CGD TDI ..".Chip."..looks like a golden retriever .I think I've covered all of your questions.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
pits your a hoot..it would take you two days to post all their pics in here..i am anxiously awaiting the day you come out with your combo package..audio tapes and photo gallery delux edition..i want a first run printing signed by the author!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hey Bubbat..you forgot to post pics.. :D those goldens are a treasure!

i wasnt going to post here since i think the op is a mental case!
anyway i have 3 jack russells tam, holly and bo, bo is daughter of tam and holly
and a 13 week old basset pup called mr darcy

Rose's Gal said:
Ok, I'll reply, but it probably won't be what you want to hear.

That, IMO, is a piece of Bull. Goldendoodles are by no means smarter than a pure Golden or a Poodle. They are smart, but so is my cat, so is my Lab/Rottie mix, so is my All American Mutt, so is my Grandma's Schnauzer, so is my friend's Golden, so is my neighbors Husky/GSD mix........
And Goldendoodles aren't "hypoallergenic" either. And depending on how the cross turned out, it might just shed as much as a normal Golden. They don't have fixed genes, so they don't have a fixed coat type either.
And the piece about it being healthier is a peice of bull too. There is no such thing as hybrid vigor when it comes to a cross bred dog. If the breeder bred an unhealth-tested Golden with an unhealth-tested Poodle, ya know what? Unhealthy puppies will result.
Goldendoodles are either bred by BYBs or Puppymills. No reputable breeder would even think of breeding these crosses when so many healthy, nonshedding, smart mutts are dying in shelters. Just my .02.

(BTW, Blackie is black and is a Lab/Rottie mix. Rose is brindle, and is a Lab/Rottie/GSD/ACD mix.)
Ditto!!!!

I have a Canaan Dog/Jack Russell Terrier mix, a purebred Labrador Retriever, and a Border Collie/German Shepherd mix, all rescues.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Ritz is right. Goldendoodles are bred by BYB's and Puppy mills, and, it's extremely irresponsible to support them. "healthier, smarter and doesn't shed as much"? Is that what you were told about this breed? You were seriously mislead. They are going to say whatever it takes to sell those pups. If you want a Mutt anyway, go to a shelter and adopt one. Buying a Mutt from someone who is selling dogs for money is not cool IMO. There are tons of mutt puppies who would love someone like you to adopt them.

Anywho, sorry for the rant; I just can't stand people who breed designer mixes.

If you go look in the sticky thread at the top of the general chat page, Official Possum Hollar Mutt dog show thing (LOL) you will see my dogs.

Welcome to the forums, BTW.

Are golden noodles registered by akc? Seems like someone wanted to try the Labradoodle thing with goldens. If you want a mutt than animal shelter is the way to go. They make just as good of a companion as any purebred. You might even find a nice purebred golden retriever there.

My dogs Boomer, is a golden and Carry is a dachshund

-Jon

Fran27

As people said about goldendoodles... Although I give you the benefit of the doubt, you probably didn't know you were just being misled.

bubbatd

Smkie....I have to leave that up to ElinHunter....she has the camera etc...!!! I'll work on her.!!! Chip is just a 95 # sweet girlie male !!!

Members online