doggie water

corykins22

have any of you heard of K-9 Water? its flavored water for dogs with vitamins in it. What does you guys think of it?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
at first i thought it as the funniest most rediculous thing i had seen..now that Mary is on a constant diet..always in need of a low calorie treat i eat those words completely..i haven't purchased her any but would if i could..she would like that very much! as it is carrots for her she likes those too

corykins22

i would like to get some for shelby, but its so expensive! i found another brand, um, doggie springs. its a little cheaper, but its cherry and berry flavors, not meat and cheese. i dont know if she would like berry flavors. she might. and they have a thing where you can be on a monthly delivery schedule for $18 a month. thats not so bad. i might order a sample pack. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i would think a little beef buillion or chicken added to water would get the same effect..i have thought about doing that..we will see if any other members have tried it..would be tons cheaper i haven't looked at the ingredients to see what it is made of.

okpik

Doggy Daddy
I let him get extra minerals and stuff from what ever I leech out.
My wife just hates it when he forgets to put up the seat before dribbling on it.:D :D :D (just kidding), their diet and snacks take care of all that.

your idea about boullion, I use to make ice cubes. I do that and I also use any left over soup or stew with meat or veggies left in. I give them as treats or just melt them into the food on occasion.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
It's just another silly fad that will make the pet industry a lot of money.

I'm especially disappointed seeing people who feed poor quality food (e.g. Beneful) and then add stuff like those water products, worthless daily multivitamin products, "healthy" treats and so on, thinking they are doing their dog a favor - and sadly we have many of those here in L.A.

Feed your dog a quality diet, include at least some fresh foods on a regular basis, and give him sufficient exercise and he'll have everything he needs.

Disclaimer: corykins, this was not directed at you personally, just in case you get the impression. :)

Hehehe Just an expensive knock off what mushers have been doing for YEARS (ie, baited water). You can this stuff yourself by going to your pet store or even local drug store get multivitamin supplement (make sure you figure out the proper dosage), dissolve into the water, add cut up bits of meat and voila! Different people add different things, some add electrolyte powder, others add calcium or vitamin C, all depends what you want your dog to get. If you heat up the water a bit it tends to take on more of the meat taste.

Another way to do this is instead of adding meat, poor the water with the vitamins and such over your dog's kibble.

corykins22

i see i see, good ideas! i was just thinking water with a taste might make her drink more. shelby doesnt seem to be drinking as much lately. so, i thought something with a taste would get her attention.

OC does that in winter too. Since he dips a lot at the snow he doesn't feel thirsty and doesn't think he should drink so come meal time I just add water to his kibble, he drinks the water and eats the kibble so he gets more hydration.

Members online

No members online now.