Is this too weird of a question? (re: breeders)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hopefully I can explain this right.

There is an owner that has a dog from Mia's breeder that also has a pyrshep. I would like to pick their brains a little but don't know how to contact them (just know the dog's name and their name from the breeder's website). Would it be too weird to ask Mia's breeder if she could see if they'd be willing to get in touch? I just thought it might be a good perspective to have since they have a papillon they do agility with and now have a pyrshep they do agility with. I don't run into pyr sheps that often.

Last edited:

milos_mommy

I don't think that's weird at all. Just email the breeder and say "I heard so and so's owner has a pyr shepherd and I'm really interested in the breed, could you give her my contact info and see if I can ask her some questions?"

I don't think it's too weird to ask her to give them your contact information (not vice versa) and ask if they'd be willing to give you a call/email. If they're weirded out by it, they can simply decline and you haven't really lost anything.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Ok good! I didn't know if it would be too weird to ask a breeder about a breed that is not their breed.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Ok good! I didn't know if it would be too weird to ask a breeder about a breed that is not their breed.
Well you're not really...you're asking for contact info...and the reason you want to talk to THAT PyrShep owner is because of your common link -- a papillon from this breeder.

It might not be a common request (lol) but I don't think it would be offensive in any way. Doesn't hurt to ask :)

Locke

I don't think it's too weird to ask her to give them your contact information (not vice versa) and ask if they'd be willing to give you a call/email. If they're weirded out by it, they can simply decline and you haven't really lost anything.
This.

I think the best way to go about this is to ask your breeder to give the person YOUR contact info rather than ask for their contact info.

spiffy

Not weird at all. Breeders and dog owners are kindred spirits. Let's hope they will be helpful.

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
People love to talk about their breeds. I have emailed people randomly to ask questions. They should welcome your inquiry, if not, find somebody else to ask.

Pyrsheps are getting more common. I see them at a lot of the shows and trials I go to.

Breed clubs are a great place to get information and hook you up with people and shows in your area.

http://www.pyrshepclub.com/

http://www.pyrshepclub.com/documents/PyrShepInfoPage.pdf

Romy

Taxiderpy
Not weird at all. Especially since they can give you some perspective on how the two breeds get along in the same household.

Members online

No members online now.