How much would you spend?

Boemy

I have a savings account where I save money for vet bills and I would willingly use my credit card on surgery if one of my pets needed it.

On collars, tags, leashes, etc., I don't spend a lot. Of course, right now I only have cats so they slip out of their collars anyway . . . :rolleyes: But my dog wore the same collar and had the same leash all her life; that thing was indestructible, for all that it was just a cheap nylon collar from a grocery store! Her tags were from one of those mail-in offers, made of stainless steel, and those lasted her entire life too. I don't feel bad about being thrifty with that kind of thing. My dog never knew or cared what her collar cost. ;)

Gypsydals

Depends on the situation. Food and vet visits I don't count because those are a given here. 40 bucks on a dog tag?? HECK NO!! I would rather take that money and spend it on toys for him and I'm sure he would agree. LOL I don't spend alot on dog beds, he gets used pillows and blankets. MAYBE if the shithead would stop ripping them up, I would fork out the money for a real bed for him. Collars, leashes and that stuff. I try not to go overboard on and spend about 10 a piece. It also depends on how much I really want that item and if I think the quality/function is worthy of the price.

a.baker

To me its all about the quality. I consider all other products plus the one I am about to buy. With vet care its a must. If its something I don't know of I will get another opinion or price from another vet to make sure I am not getting scammed or ripped off. The basic stuff I have a good idea on price but specialty stuff I have no idea and I would ask questions and research before pursuing.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I certainly don't splurge on "things"--a new collar maybe once a year--not an expensive one. Leashes--well, I have those, so no need to buy any more. Tags--my guys do fine with the $6 tag from the petstore. Trav has had hers for at least five years now. Baxter has the original one from when I brought him home two years ago.
Toys--I buy something occasionally--tennis balls, and maybe a tug toy.
I do buy dog treats (bully sticks probably the most expensive item)--then food, and vet care is what it needs to be.
I try to use common sense--for the family and the dogs!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
toys come from the thrift store. Sofa cushions make better dog beds then any i have seen in the stores. SO those are usually free if you keep a good eye out.
Collars, no more then necessary. Leashes, i have one each and i doubt i will buy anymore. OTher then kibble the stores get not much from me.

showdawgz

I have a couple of leashes I bought for about $50, and that was like 10 years ago, I still use them to this day. I have so much dog equiptment laying around, I havent bought a collar for a couple of years now. Food, vet bills are very expensive supplying for 8 large breed dogs, but those are necessities.

Members online