Question about teeth brushing

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I have a very soft bristle toothbrush for Bear but I dont have any dog toothpaste... somewhere I read (maybe it was on here) that a little bit of human toothpaste is okay and wont the dog...
Is that true?

TIA

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I use a small amount of baking soda mixed with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide for Shaffer and Victor.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That was what was recommended in WHat to do until the vet comes. I think that is where Mom read it. Good for gingivitis which SHaffer had and why i started brushing his teeth. He has his own electric toothbrush and seems to enjoy the vibrations. Much better about it then Victor who has to bite down on the brush just to hassle me. It doens't take much, just a dab and a sprinkle in a little jar. Neither dog seems to mind the taste.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I did that..went to the doc got his report, social security got theirs, filled out all the paperwork and sent it to the student loan people. I recieved a paper saying balance due..0 payment due 0. So i though it was all good and finished. My house burned and i lost all my paperwork, so the paper i had that said i owe nothing was all i had, and i had that in mom's fire box. I will see Legal Aid about this after i secure the new doctor and see if i can have the iv drugs. I can't wrap my mind around both at the same time. ONe hurdle at a time. Can't believe it went from 4000 to 75 thousand. Thats insane.

Hillside

Original Twin
I have a very soft bristle toothbrush for Bear but I dont have any dog toothpaste... somewhere I read (maybe it was on here) that a little bit of human toothpaste is okay and wont the dog...
Is that true?

TIA

Absolutely do NOT use human toothpaste. WE aren't even supposed to swallow it and dogs don't spit.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Thanks Hillside.

I used some baking soda and the peroxide, the smkie said. I even asked my vet and she said that it best if you don't have any doggy toothpaste.
Dad and i are going to get dog toothpaste this weekend. :)

Members online

No members online now.