Do Cats Like Rats Or Mice?

I had a big blue cat named Gonzo who wouldn't chase anything smaller than a Doberman. He caught a mouse - once - just to show me he could do it, but went back to terrorizing dogs.

Cracker

Renee750il said:
I had a big blue cat named Gonzo who wouldn't chase anything smaller than a Doberman. He caught a mouse - once - just to show me he could do it, but went back to terrorizing dogs.

Lol thats funny
thanx chaz

It gets worse! The other day, my striped tom, Gomez, found a 'possum up in the attic room, killed it, and brought it down to me! I still haven't figured out how it got in, or how Gomez managed to deal with it. Have you ever seen the teeth on those things?

augusta10

My cat likes both rats and mice. He also likes rabbits and birds, brings me shrews too. He is a very active hunter and a smart cat. He will bring his prey in the house through the doggie door, and put it in the bathtub, so it can't get away. Needless to say, he hasn't figured out that birds don't stay in the bathtub very well and we've had a few birds flying around the house. This is not a boring cat we have on our hands! lol

That's funny! He sounds like he's related to a cat my parents used to have, CJ. Mom and Dad were eating a pizza one night and wouldn't give CJ any, so he stalked out of the room to pout. A half-hour or so after they finished the pizza, CJ came flying back into the room, flipped back the lid of the empty pizza box, and dropped a dead mouse into the box! The next time they had pizza, they made sure that CJ got a bite.

bogolove

Renee750il said:
It gets worse! The other day, my striped tom, Gomez, found a 'possum up in the attic room, killed it, and brought it down to me! I still haven't figured out how it got in, or how Gomez managed to deal with it. Have you ever seen the teeth on those things?
A friend of mine was at her mom's house and they have 3 cats. the cats come in and out as they please through a kitty door (that was before she moved, anyway). One day they walked into the kitchen to find 4 animals around the feeding dish eating. One was a baby 'possum! It came right in through the door, I guess following the cats. They had to trap it in a box so they could get it back outside. At least it wasn't a big one, I guess. :eek:

My cat like’s everything, mice (don’t know about rats, I don’t think we have any), birds, rabbits, squirrels, snacks, anything, he’s a pretty good hunter too. Mouser can hold his own with anything, he terrifies my shelties… lol

Staff online

Members online