panda dogs

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
funniest thing i dont think a dog gives a hoot what he looks like or his owner either..they see the inside really most important part. When do you think the humans will learn from their example!

jess2416

Who woulda thought
casablanca1 said:
Don't worry, it's not a new 'designer breed' so no one has to starting 'educating' everyone else about breeding issues (I think I just saved at least three people from carpal tunnel) It's just a cosmetic thing. But is this the weirdest new thing or what? Maybe it's just me - I don't really think pandas are that cute.
The sad thing is some dummy out there will probally see that and think wow that is interesting i could make some money and will try to actually do it. But hopefully nobody would be that stupid. :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I've seen the chow before...it's cute but I'm not sure how I feel about dying a dog. The MalteseX is a new one though.

I think this topic came up once before and I think it was Scob who came up with some pictures of a new coloration in GSD's that has been termed "panda" Looks pretty neat and appears to be a totally natural color gene mutation.

shepluvr

I am not sure how I feel about that either.....how did they get those colors anyway.?...when you start tampering with color (as I am sure you know) you start getting health problems...like with the blue Dobes, white shepherds etc...Interesting colors but I don't think I like it.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The original kennel page (before they were pandashepherds.com) said that Franka was a randomly thrown pup from two normal black/tan parents, but she does pass on that Panda gene to her pups and it's apparently a dominent one. Or else there's a HUGE level of in-breeding going on.

shepluvr

funny...I wonder If they are legit...they claim to have had the first pup DNA tested to make sure there was no unknown accident....I wonder...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Edit that, there is a page "Panda Theories" that explains Frankie's origins and goes into some of the genetics behind what 'caused' her.

shepluvr

I agree Grammy! I prefer the "traditional" colors of the GSD. I don't really like the coloring of those "panda shepherds." The part I find interesting is whether it really is a true color mutation....I can't help but wonder of the ill effects of breeding for this if it is legit though.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
know what makes me sad
people will pay this much to dye their dogs when if they would just love them for who they really are (as we wish to be) that money could be donated to shelters across the world..sigh sigh and sigh sad
qoute from link...
The poodle-Maltese cross was named "Columbo" by its owner features a black-and-white dye job fashioned after a panda bear.

Columbo, who is naturally white, was dyed using a special hair dye for dogs that lasts about a month.

The Panda Dog could join a long list of suddenly trendy "designer dogs," pooches bred from different breeds that can fetch $1,000 a piece.

Members online