Help!

femke

I have a problem with my six month old Sheltie. I'm not sure how to go about it and wonder if some of you could give me some tips to stop her from doing this...

She gets into EVERYTHING. We cannot leave anything anywhere. She takes things off the computerdesk (she stands on her hindlegs, puts her front paws on the desk and grabs whatever she can get), off the coffeetable, off the dinnertable... She grabs paper, pens, ANYTHING she can get a hold of. Today I caught her chewing on something and it turned out to be a sewingneedle!! I felt so bad knowing how badly she could have been hurt and am really angry at myself for not realising it was on the desk.

I do want her to stop doing this because it can be dangerous to her and she chews up all our stuff. I just dont know how to go about it. Do I tell her off when I see her do it? Do I distract her? Do I spray her with a squirt bottle? This is the first time i'm raising a puppy and it's quite a bit harder than I thought it would be lol, any advice would be helpful! thanks!:)

Fran27

Well the squirt bottle worked with Boris, he never gets anything off the desk anymore. Just make sure you keep her with the room with you at all times so you can watch her, and tell her 'off', 'no', whatever works with her. Remove as many things as you can from her reach as well.

W

Whitedobelover

i agree... that is how it should be done... because if she has the run of the house you cant keep an eye on her... i keep my dobes upstairs the only out of living room access they have is the kitchen where their water is and their crates where they sleep... other than that they go with me everywhere..

Members online

No members online now.