Sad news:(

I have bad news....our dog "Abby", she's a border collie/lab that we got about 14 years ago, who has been living with my step-daughter, was hit by car, and killed last night. My step-daughter let her outside to use the bathroom before bed time. and she got out of the fence and was hit by a car.

We let Abby go live with her about 3 years ago, after agonizing over the decision for months and months. My family and I moved closer into the city, and Abby was totally upset, nervous, scared all of the time by the noises of the city....sirens....traffic & fireworks. She would at times injure herself when she would hear the sounds, trying to get away from them. She absolutely loved living with out in the country with my step-daughter.

It is a sad reminder again to us all that dogs are not always predictable. Abby never would go out of the yard, but last night, she did.

I'm so sick about this...she was the sweetest, kindest hearted dog in the world. This is a terrible loss for me and my family.

Dena :(

oh Dena....
I am so so sorry to hear that. :( I hope that you and your family can find peace in that Abby sure lived a long and happy life. 14 years is a really long time! May God give you comfort very soon....
Melissa

Debi

Oh Dena...I'm so sorry. It was wonderful of you to let her live in the country where she was happiest. Sounds like that pup had a good life, loved by all. Sending you ((((hugs))))....this is such sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

ive just heard from my 3 muskateers (prince,barney&whiskey) they tell me abby is with them in heaven...she's fine :)

awe im so sorry about your loss. well she hasnt left you. she'll always be with you. walking right next to you. and shes in a great place now. im so sorry. i wish i could do something. i feel your pain.

Thanks so much to you all for the kind and comforting words. It really does mean alot to me. I know how much all of you love and care for our fur friends. It's nice to talk to people who understand. Thanks to you all!!

The memories of Abby will always be with me. She was one in a million.

:)

bogolove

Dena - I am so sorry to ehar about Abby. I know how hard this must be for you. I am sure that she knew how much she was loved and cherished by your family.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Abby will always live on in your heart. May the special times you had together always be with you.

Thanks again so much everyone....your thoughts have been much comfort to me since yesterday!!! My step-daughter, my grandson, Aden came and spent the night with us last night, because she was so upset about Abby. She said the house felt so strange and empty without her there. Shawna (my step-daughter's) husband works nights, so she is left alone at night with Aden, so Abby was also her company and protector. It was a sad night.:(

Thanks again!! Your support means so much to me. :)

Dena

:(

sorry to hear that - :(

she's in doggy heaven now though, sniffing tonnes of other dogs butts, and jumping up on nice clean couches, and eating as much kibble as possible.

Members online

No members online now.