Horse pics..Aven

Dekka

Just try me..
This is Aven, we cleaned him up and took some for sale pics. He is sooo purdy, wish I could keep him.

Done

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
Very handsome. What's his breeding?

He almost looks like he could have a hair of Standardbred in there.

The first one looks Warmbloodish, mind you, but that could be because the photo is so reminscent of Warmblood or Canadian Sport Horse ads.

Dekka

Just try me..
He is a swedish warmblood cross out of my Irish tb mare (that died this year). His sire was one of the top dressage sires in the world. Some how he ended up small :(.

Dekka

Just try me..
he just turned 4 and is a whopping 14.3 He will mature at least 15hh. If he follows his dam, who grew till she was 6, he will end up 15.2. Still too small.

Dekka

Just try me..
not likely a hunter prospect. Wayyy to dressagey for that. (not many hunter people are going to want to pay what I want for him ;) )

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
not likely a hunter prospect. Wayyy to dressagey for that. (not many hunter people are going to want to pay what I want for him ;) )
You'd be surprised. All you need is a coach in any discipline to tell Mommy and Daddy it's the right horse, a lot of the time.

Me? I had to break and train my yearling myself. But I prefered it that way anyway.

Dekka

Just try me..
No I mean he isn't worth that much as a hunter. He is way to uphill with knee action. He is worth more as a dressage horse than he would ever be as a show hunter.

His sire is a very famous dressage horse and famous sire of dressage horses. Right now you can get a great made (read winning) hunter for 10 grand or less. The market sucks.

I do have a very nice pony that is huntery. Though he would also do well at dressage.

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
Right now you can get a great made (read winning) hunter for 10 grand or less. The market sucks.

Sheeeeeeeeeeit, I'll say! I haven't even looked at listings since I sold my guy, because it's still ouchy to think about :( , but hell, if that's the case, the market really HAS taken a faceplant! Crazy.

I got offered 20 for mine as an unproven 3 year old. AND he was a Quarter Horse! Not exactly top choice in the Hunter ring. LOL Though admittedly, he wasn't a typical QH. He was 16.1 and more often than not mistaken for a Trakehner.

bubbatd

He's the size we wanted for Amy as a Hunter . People pay plenty to match a good looking horse to the rider . ( Amy was/is barely 5')

mom2dogs

His sire is a very famous dressage horse and famous sire of dressage horses. Right now you can get a great made (read winning) hunter for 10 grand or less. The market sucks.
Who is his sire?

and I would have wanted to be in your area when I was looking for a hunter to do the A circuit with. Market does suck, but one that would match my size (16hh+) and be ready to walk in the ring and win were all more than 10K! I decided to do the APHA circuit (can we say BIG change? :lol-sign:) last minute since that was what my trainer focused more on and I got extremely lucky with my mare, needed a lot of work but was consistently in the ribbons. Shes fat and out of shape now and her cuts and scrapes aren't exactly purdy, looking forward to getting her back in training, but they don't have hunters here so she'll probably end up being switched to dressage by the end of the year :(

mom2dogs

Geez I feel stupid, checked the thread again and realized when I edited my first post I took out part of my post!

He is gorgeous and I hope he finds a good home to show his potential! :)

Members online