Hobbies

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I also dabble in photography on my own, I used to be SUPER into fishkeeping and I definitely plan on getting back into that when I am able. Rick and I met through reptiles, and one day we'll be back into that as well... right now we just have a beardie and a leopard gecko. He wants to pick up a T or scorp, I'd love to get a pacman frog.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I really would like a better camera, as I love taking pictures. I've borrowed DJEtzel's a few times, and I LOVE IT. Definitely will be my next big purchase.

Also, I'm super jealous of all of you who get to spend large amounts of time with your SO. Stupid work.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Hubbys seperate hobby is hunting. That is his thing not mine lol

Mine is beading/jewelry making and my fit club/workouts. He also does workouts but due to him
Needing a hip replacement we are rarely able to workout together.

Together we LOVE HOCKEY (it is basically how we began our relationship to begin with and how we connected. I also knew one day I would marry a goaltender and I wouldn't have the right one until I found a goalie lol. Takes a special person to understand someone who willing puts himself in front of frozen rubber being shot at him lol)

We are both homebodies so that works well for us. We enjoy the same tv shows, we both enjoy church together and many other things together. More than anything we both love to laugh and we have the same sense of humor. We like the same sitcoms, comedians, stupid jokes, etc :)

joce

Just me- collecting my little ponys and the rare monster high doll. I have a thing for some other 80s toys but its really slowed down. Most everything is boxed up till we move.

Together
Horses. I usually end up trail riding with my cousin but here we plod around and we do all the work together and that's what matters. He goes to congress and equine affaire with me. He owns two of our three and wants a draft.

Guns- love em! He's upset I won't get my cc but I don't see the point since I can't carry to and from work. Just a hobby for me. He is auxiliary here and had to take the class. We can shoot from our old mare- combined hobby!

Four wheeling- used to go to Wayne national forest a lot more when we boarded the horses but harder now. Love where we camp and nelsonville is just... Interesting.

Boating- he sold our last boat I loved for a checkmate I kinda despise but only because its a speed boat and I like to fish, not ski or go break neck speeds across the lake. Boo. So hopefully flipping it this summer(as in selling, not literally flipping, I worry about it-things to fast)

His hobby is car stereo stuff. He used to manage a store here and compete and loved it but didn't pay enough so he just does it on the side for fun without competing now.

Red Chrome

Dogs. No money to do stuff after that. LOL

Then there is the dabbling of the photography and reading.

GipsyQueen

Photography, Pottery, Reading and such.

So and I cook alot, go hiking and go climbing :)

I love mountian biking, SO and I go together sometimes, but it's just not really his thing, so I go alone alot, which I don't mind. Gives me time to think.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Not a lot of time beyond work and school and dogs! The only 'extra-curricular' thing I'm involved in is my sorority. :) I guess reading could be considered a hobby (English major over here) .. but lately I've done so much reading for school it just isn't as fun in my spare time.

chaospony

Just me- collecting my little ponys and the rare monster high doll. I have a thing for some other 80s toys but its really slowed down. Most everything is boxed up till we move.
I used to be super in to collecting MLP's and a lot of other 80's toys!
I had close to 1000 MLP's at one point, I was amassing quite the collector pose variant army!
I sold some to fund a trip to Japan then had to sell most of the rest to pay for surgery for one of my Afghan hounds though and I never really got back to it. I still have some though.

My hobbies are mostly dogs. Walking with the dogs, Photographing stuff on said walks with said dogs.

I also paint and draw. Dabble in various crafty projects like art journaling, sculptures and ceramics. Sewing and quilting are things I enjoy but never make time for lately. Not having enough room sucks!

I used to be big into fish and reptile/herp keeping but right now I only have Dart frogs and some various empty vivariums and ripariums. I love any excuse to build them!

I used to love cooking but my work has ruined that for me!

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
By myself I usually tend to draw, paint, sculpt, sew, crochet, and cook. Sewing and crochetting don't happen that often though. And dog stuff, but during the school year I don't really have time for much of any of this.

With friends, I like: Gaming ( Catan, Dominion, Munchkin...) but that is mostly with my siblings and their SO's, because for some reason not that many people my age like to game. Weirdos. I also play frisbee during the summer when all the college people I know get back in town. With my best friend, we usually just hang around, bike around, or walk around downtown.

Taqroy

By myself: I train the dogs, knit, sew, read....and I have various other random hobbies that I don't devote much time to.

With Matt: Game, watch TV, we go hiking when I can drag him out (otherwise I go by myself), we spend a lot of time at the park in the spring/fall...just hang out.

I used to go fishing and four wheeling but those were things I did with my dad and we don't live quite close enough. :( Plus he has to work almost every weekend during the spring/summer which sucks.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I used to be big into fish
Me too but I guess it's telling that I didn't even think to put it on the list :). I just have two planted tanks now and while I enjoy watching them I am not really into fussing with them much...they pretty much are what they are and that's good enough ;)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Solo hobbies... mostly involve making things.

I draw, I paint, I knit, I crochet, I think of other things to finagle... right now I'm learning to design my own papercraft figures, which involves a lot of rulers, notes and cut-up paper EVERYWHERE. I'm a bit of a creative.

Playing/training/adventuring with Finnegan and spending time with my other pets, obviously. I also enjoy running and biking when it's not snowpocalypse outside.

Social hobbies...

They also involve Finnegan sometimes - hiking, playdates, walks. I love board game nights with friends, or nights out at the pub. Beer sampling is a social hobby. :D

Good thread topic!

Hobbies and Interests I do on my own: Genealogy and, well, that's pretty much it. I used to do a lot of needlework (needlepoint, cross stitch, lace crochet, knitting) but arthritis got the best of me. Still do some beaded macrame jewellery (and dog tag collars), but not so much anymore.

My husband's my best friend, so we do most things together. Mostly Geocaching, hiking, camping, touring local micro breweries (my all-time favourite was one in a former church!) and this year we're buying a canoe. Outside of that, our lives have gone to the dogs, literally. Friendships and social life revolve around greyhounds, pretty much.

JacksonsMom

Most of my 'hobbies' involve Jackson in some way, LOL. I like doing dog-related things and finding dog-friendly places to go to. I probably would never go on walks, or hikes, or find new places to explore if I didn't have him.

I like photography, but again, most of my pictures end up being of him, LOL. Same with videography. I like editing videos, with music, etc, mostly of him, hahaha.

I do enjoy going out to dinner, going to the movies with friends, watching shows with friends, or just plain hanging out and chatting. I like the computer, but spend 80% of the time on it doing dog stuff too hahaha.

k9krazee

My hobbies are Crossbone (training, agility, walking, exploring, visiting people) and I also enjoy photoshop & photography (ex took the DSLR), crochet & volleyball.

My SO & I work together and spend all of our free time together (Crossbone is becoming OUR biggest hobby). We really enjoy traveling to visit friends and family, good beer/beer dinners/brewery tours, WWE, music/making music, playing cards & swinging life away.

Right now it feels as if our biggest hobby is wedding planning but that'll be over soon enough.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Together
Horses. I usually end up trail riding with my cousin but here we plod around and we do all the work together and that's what matters. He goes to congress and equine affaire with me. He owns two of our three and wants a draft.

Guns- love em! He's upset I won't get my cc but I don't see the point since I can't carry to and from work. Just a hobby for me. He is auxiliary here and had to take the class. We can shoot from our old mare- combined hobby!
Gah, I miss horses so much. I can't wait to own my own again so that I can just go out and ride. I loved riding through the mountains. It was so awesome, breathtaking, and exciting. I also really want to learn to rope, and I love team sorting.

Red Mountain in CO.

And, I take my CCW class next month. :D Lookin' at a .22 mag snub nose revolver with a hammer, probably from S&W. Josh is currently looking at a new bird gun, possibly a Beretta Super Black Eagle II (is that right?), and an Ultra Slugger something or other. Mounted shooting would be awesome. I'd love to do that someday.

Oh, another hobby- We love to just go cruise in the Jeep. We used to go in the mountains all the time looking for different places to hike or fish, now we just cruise down back roads around here finding different lakes and potential new waterfoul hunting spots. I'm really excited for him to get his Griffon, as I think it will be a blast to go out with him and watch how he hunts with the dog.

Also- future hobby, I really want to create mini cattle drives, where you take a smallish herd of cattle, worked off horseback with dogs, and just have a handful of people move the herds to different pastures and such. Sounds dumb, probably, but I'm super excited.

Members online